I JUST HAD THE MOST TRYING DAY OF MY LIFE

Muskieman

I work as a caregiver for Community Living West Nipissing.

Today I was working at the hospital caring for an 'Ol Pal who was very sick with liver failure.

At 10:55 this morning the nurses an I made him comfortable in bed.

A few minutes later I noticed that he was gonna check out... I followed protocol by pressing the bell button

and following the list of "must calls" including the priest.... he had a DNR order so the nurses nor I could do a thing.

I then made my friend comfortable and climbed in bed and layed along side him, hugged him and held his hand

'til his last breath... my old pal passed away in my arms this morning at 11:15.

Shortly thereafter my manager showed up to relieve me for a bit and give me some "Me" time... I walked the hallway for a few minutes...

@ about 11:35 a "code" went off at the hospital 2 doors down from where I was working... I assisted a Nurse to perform CPR on a 62 years old man... He'll make it :)

Then @ 12:50 on the corner of Russell and Coursol.. I stopped domestic violence dead in it's tracks.. I witnessed a guy slap his G/F Wife in the face and push her to the ground..I slammed on my brakes and jumped out of my truck and charged towards him..

I literally picked him up and bodyslammed him onto the street and dragged him to the shoulder of Coursol Rd .I said/roared " Stay the :angry: down or I'll make ya stay the :angry: down It's your choice Man!" He had no clue what kind of mood I was in or what had just hit him for that matter. The police were there in less that 15 seconds..

Turns out that this had been going on for over 10 minutes a Russell street resident had already called the police, they were on their way and the caller was still on the line with them when I showed up.

They quickly tossed him into the cruiser.. while the victim walked home with a neighbor.

I got a big kiss and a hug from the victim and a handshake from a couple of Cops.

Appreciate every minute you have and be nice to others!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

My wife and kids all got big hugs when they got home even the dogs.

I am now drinking a beer and relaxing.

Randy.

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Wow. Talk about being dragged through a knothole today. That adrenaline buzz must have you just vibrating right now.

I would guess that you are exhausted, and pleased with yourself, knowing that you made a big difference today. That's all anyone of us can ask for.

'The Force is strong with this one'.

Best to Randy, wherever the heck he comes from.

Wow... talk about a hectic day!.. kind of puts my bad day in perspective! .. as for the whole domestic violence thing, it is good that you stepped in and did something! not many would.... but as Wayne eluded too... he could come after you for assault.... Lets hope the coppers do not come knocking and if they do... the Judge is reasonable and sane..

G.

Sounds like a day you'll remember for a long time. You were a good friend to a couple of people today. Regardless of what the bum does or doesn't do through the courts you did what you needed to do. At least you gave him a choice and restrained yourself from doing more. You probably did what lots of us hoped/wished we would do in a situation like that

Good on ya.

Wow... firstly - a warm condolence and heartfelt respect for your difficult predicament with your friend. Nobody is ever prepared for such things and nothing can be more gut-wrenching than to have your hands tied when you are unsure what the right thing to do is. But most importantly - you were there.

As for the other scenario - hats off for reacting to the the situation as many of us would - come what may .... and hopefully your actions will be supported by both the victim and the law.

As for it being the most trying day of your life ... I hope it was... sounds like you deserve not just a beer but the good Karma that comes with doing the right thing when it matters.

Thanks for sharing Randy. You did good in all regards in my books, but don't be surprised when the police show up tomorrow with an assult charge against you.

They may ask him to join the force!!!!!!Assault charge?Maybe, but I dont think it will ever stick,esp if an officer is shaking his hand.Way back when, myself and others have been in similiar situations and handed the purp over to the officers.There have been some brusing and whatnots, all in all we were doing the community a favour as well as the hwpd.Never a charge laid on us.My bud even ran a guy down with his dirtbike.Never a charge.I do recall working in a variety store and some nimbrod tried to rob me,little to knowledge,The lot was mine and my friends hang out.I did a twirl with my hand and the so called robber couldnt leave the store.I gave him 2 options, me or the door.I told him the front door was less harmfull(ten guys waiting and 1 mad chick).I had a bat and some.

They may ask him to join the force!!!!!!Assault charge?Maybe, but I dont think it will ever stick,esp if an officer is shaking his hand.Way back when, myself and others have been in similiar situations and handed the purp over to the officers.There have been some brusing and whatnots, all in all we were doing the community a favour as well as the hwpd.Never a charge laid on us.My bud even ran a guy down with his dirtbike.Never a charge.I do recall working in a variety store and some nimbrod tried to rob me,little to knowledge,The lot was mine and my friends hang out.I did a twirl with my hand and the so called robber couldnt leave the store.I gave him 2 options, me or the door.I told him the front door was less harmfull(ten guys waiting and 1 mad chick).I had a bat and some.

.... Uhmmmm let me guess.... you can whoop Chuck Norris's ass too? :D

G.