Rice Lake panfishTourist Ass. at it again!

Ron

I'm not sure how many times now this guy has gone full circle now!

IF he has enough business to last a life time, retired 20 years ago, whatintheaitcheedoubletwostix is he yammerin' on about?

1/10 of the effort he's expended in whatever it is he's currently doing would probably result in doubling his sales instead of chasing anyone who's in the know about his actions away!

Michael

MR.American Sir I am glad you buy your bait in Canada no matter who you buy it from I am also glad you buy a Sportsman lic. I never believed in a conservation Lic. for a non resident ever when a Canadian goes out of the Country there is not a whole menu of lic to purchase and that is the way it should be of. As far as buisness goes I have enough to last me a life time actually to much I have been retired since Nov. 11 1990 and I just want to do more fishing and hunting so you go ahead and quote anything you feel you must

BAAWAAA HAAHAAHAA!!!!!! What the heck was that..

Sorry guys... My pointy hat slipped over my eyes.

Tom.

Mike Ron what I said inside that meeting was right on the money I won't repeat it on this thred but if you fellas would like I would be more than happy to meet you and as many of your followers as you like and repeat it any time Ron you know me and my family we won't back away from any chalenge the other side don't look all that bad been there a couple of times and back if you believe in something you should be willing to pay the altimate ptice post time and date I will be there. yes I know Mike if I don't see you your not there.please don't send me your picture of yourself in the mirror with your head inbedded you know where.

Mike Ron what I said inside that meeting was right on the money I won't repeat it on this thred but if you fellas would like I would be more than happy to meet you and as many of your followers as you like and repeat it any time Ron you know me and my family we won't back away from any chalenge the other side don't look all that bad been there a couple of times and back if you believe in something you should be willing to pay the altimate ptice post time and date I will be there. yes I know Mike if I don't see you your not there.please don't send me your picture of yourself in the mirror with your head inbedded you know where.

Blah blah blah!!!

i challenge you to use the spell check or learn to write

Sorry Mike:

I will have to decline. You have been given a second chance with your health, enjoy it.

This thread is about a new angling oppourtunities and protecting a quality fishing resource.

I would like to point out that we have offered to help work with the RLTA in an effort to increase business. We have no interest in losing any of the tourist operators that serve the lake community. The economy and other issues not related to the fishery, have caused a major downturn in cottage rentals, we understand that. We support tourism and actually enjoy fishing with and meeting anglers from all over North America, the fishery is for everyone to enjoy. That being said it also needs to be protected.

I'm glad you have enjoyed the ice fishing in the Kawartha's with your family. So did I and and thousands of others. The potential for new business oppourtunity is there and very real. Now we just need to celebrate what we have and invite people to come enjoy it.

Fighting about who said what on a website this large will not benefit anyone but maybe the RLTA should make an effort to put forth a clear message about what they do support and make that known to the local municipalities or other groups that may have been mislead or confused.

I will support them if they want to move forward.

Edited by Michael Brown

Wow...

This may be the most epic fail ever on how to win over public opinion to support a tenuous cause.

I don't know if you even know what the basis of your argument is.

Since you have more money than you need, do yourself a favour and hire a professional lobbyist next time. They are very good.

I now hope that all involved will take the time to sum up their positions with clarity and without mud slinging so the fine members of this board can decide if Rice lakes cottage/ fishing industry has a place in their vacation plans.

Art

I now hope that all involved will take the time to sum up their positions with clarity and without mud slinging so the fine members of this board can decide if Rice lakes cottage/ fishing industry has a place in their vacation plans.

Art

Not in mine at all - I stay out of war zones I do!

Let the RLTA, the "Mayor", Nana whatever and whomever else enjoy the fruits of their labors - without me and my dollars. They're crying the blues now when there's nothing to cry about, what are they gonna do when the results of their own actions begin to surface?

Michael

I used to bring the Big Brothers and Sister organizations to Rice Lake in the spring for a fun fishing day where they targeted panfish and the majority of fish caught were sunfish. I know to this day that many, after being intorduced to the sport, still venture to Rice to fish with their little brother or sister. Many use the facilities around the lake for bait, tackle and boat rentals.

I know for a fact the views of some of the RLTA on this board do not reflect the feeling of MANY of the other opertations on Rice Lake. There are some really good folks who stepped up when I was holding my events with full support. I would hate for them to lose out on business due to a select few who have posted here.

Mayor, I am disheartened reading your posts. I have refered many of these folks to your shop.

Edited by Harrison

I for one might make my first ever fishing trip to Rice this year.

Unfortunately, I'll be one of those damn, day-tripping locals not spending a dime on the lake (except to launch maybe).

Wow...

This may be the most epic fail ever on how to win over public opinion to support a tenuous cause.

I don't know if you even know what the basis of your argument is.

Since you have more money than you need, do yourself a favour and hire a professional lobbyist next time. They are very good.

That's what I've been thinking throughout this thread. If the RLTA representatives are no better at lobbying than they are at debating in this forum why even worry about them getting their wishes with the govt? Based on what I've seen here they're more likely to get the lake shut down to non-resident fishing altogether or worse. You interested forum members might do better to just worry about collateral damage control rather than arguing with the mayor et al about their position.

And that being said I once hung out with some fellers back in my younger days who run operations on the lake and as memory serves they were way too intelligent to be associated with the half-baked vaudeville act we're experiencing here. So I figure this is either a group of self-appointed loose cannons running amok with an ill-conceived solution to an isolated problem or a splinter cell (from a sanctioned group effort) who confuse bluster and bullying with the nuances of lobbying and negotiation.

To all interested parties good luck with your lake's future. I trust it's actually in better hands than some of those presenting their confused and spurious arguments here. To the mayor and friends, the best advice I can offer as an objective observer is to stop with the counter productive efforts. You're doing more harm than good.

JF

Art

Don't think that is going to happen here Art :unsure:

I for one look forward to my next trip so I can rape and pillage the resource :rolleyes:

In case one has to wonder if I'm serious, I'm being very sarcastic

I for one might make my first ever fishing trip to Rice this year.

Unfortunately, I'll be one of those damn, day-tripping locals not spending a dime on the lake (except to launch maybe).

Come to my place, you can launch for free! LOL

Dirk

If I was an operator, I'd jump all over the new ice fishing oportunities. This is a great way to earn back loss revenue from smaller summer bookings. To be successfull in todays economy these operators need to adapt there business plans, what worked 10yrs ago is not going to work today.Smarten up or go broke, opening the lake for ice fishing has given you the oportunity to change your stratagy and opened up a whole new market. Stop being stupid and sieze the moment and start making some $$$$$$ if you don't adapt then whine and cry and go broke.

Reading between the lines, here's my 2 cent interpretation of their motivation.

As mentioned in a few articles, the lodges belonging to the three members in question are not winterized "nor do we want them to be". So they can't take advantage of the winter ice fishing bookings.

That combined with the lower limits might mean that fishing tourist business on Rice will be more spread out over the year. Which if you average it out might mean less business during their traditional peak period. For obvious reasons, winterized lodges/resorts have a big advantage, not just in the winter business but also through that exposure the 'return' business the following summer.

I think this has zilch to do with concern for the environment and more to do with greed. The rules are better for their competition than for them.... there you have it.

That's what I've been thinking throughout this thread. If the RLTA representatives are no better at lobbying than they are at debating in this forum why even worry about them getting their wishes with the govt? Based on what I've seen here they're more likely to get the lake shut down to non-resident fishing altogether or worse. You interested forum members might do better to just worry about collateral damage control rather than arguing with the mayor et al about their position.

And that being said I once hung out with some fellers back in my younger days who run operations on the lake and as memory serves they were way too intelligent to be associated with the half-baked vaudeville act we're experiencing here. So I figure this is either a group of self-appointed loose cannons running amok with an ill-conceived solution to an isolated problem or a splinter cell (from a sanctioned group effort) who confuse bluster and bullying with the nuances of lobbying and negotiation.

To all interested parties good luck with your lake's future. I trust it's actually in better hands than some of those presenting their confused and spurious arguments here. To the mayor and friends, the best advice I can offer as an objective observer is to stop with the counter productive efforts. You're doing more harm than good.

JF

JF, don't be fooled. I believe that these are the same people that put an end to the Panfish Focus group back in the 90's. It looked like there were going to be limits put in place back then and then all of a sudden the discussions were over and no panfish limits. The majority of the group was in favour of limits and that group included resort owners from other lakes who were experiencing over harvesting for the first time.

The only difference from then to now is this wonderful forum that can rally everyone to express their opinions, rather than a small group in a room at some hotel.

JF, don't be fooled. I believe that these are the same people that put an end to the Panfish Focus group back in the 90's. It looked like there were going to be limits put in place back then and then all of a sudden the discussions were over and no panfish limits. The majority of the group was in favour of limits and that group included resort owners from other lakes who were experiencing over harvesting for the first time.

The only difference from then to now is this wonderful forum that can rally everyone to express their opinions, rather than a small group in a room at some hotel.

That surprises me.

Well .... on the other hand no it doesn't actually. I've seen our bureaucrats get led astray by personal agenda groups too often to think that what should be patently obvious as right isn't always.

JF

Mike Ron what I said inside that meeting was right on the money I won't repeat it on this thred but if you fellas would like I would be more than happy to meet you and as many of your followers as you like and repeat it any time

Let's just get something straight here. You seem to have a "me against the world attitude" with the world being OFC.

Mike and Ron have no "followers" here.

There's maybe a fraction of the board that actually knows them personally.

Threads like this, people who have no alliance either way will tend to chime in with their opinion.

If you feel you're alone here or that Mike and Ron have everyone's support it's not because we have their back. It's because we see through the Bull.

The court of public opinion has spoken and sadly has found your arguments lame.

You have done yourself and your association a pretty big disservice here.

Hope you're proud of yourself.

If you feel you're alone here or that Mike and Ron have everyone's support it's not because we have their back.

I have Ron's back but he would have to shave it first.

"no more mud slinging from this side.THE MAYOR"

I always agree you can have an opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

Lets move past the bad feelings and enjoy the great new angling oppourtunities we have here in the Kawartha's.

http://www.northumberlandtoday.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2505648postbox

Somebody please explain to this person that she is not representing anyone but herself!

Sounds like we need to contact the county to explain ourselves.

Anyone know how to make an online petition that we could forward to these local municipalities?

Mike