Game time

GBW

Did Crosby play?? didn't seem to see much out of him :rolleyes:

iunno if you watched the same game as me tonight, crosby played a hell of a game jus cuz he stayed off the scoresheet doesent mean he was invisible out there, he was grinding hard and digging for the puck everytime he was on the ice....ovechkin was definately a non factor tonight....well hard fought win tonight....

Yes we do, while at my nephews practice last night, they had your game on in the lobby.

No-one was watching the kids practice, we were all watching Can/Rus and 95% of us were rooting for Canada. Mostly because if we dont get the gold.......Canada would be our second choice.

U.S./CAN would be a spectacular gold medal game........No matter who wins.

Looks to me that the boys all took there ugly pills before the game. They beat them Russians like they were rented mules. Is it just me or do the players from the KHL look slow? Not hearing to much from the armchair critics now. Was nice to see the young guns step up. This is an incredible team. GO CANADA GO. I BELIEVE.

That was a great game...by all the players.....i wonder where those guys are who said that guys like Staal, Richards, or Bergeron shouldnt be on the team....they are all playing amazing in the last two games.

Slovakia surprises the Swedes. USA vs Finland Canada vs Slovakia You have to watch the Slovaks they barely beat Norway but have beaten Russia and the Swedes in the same tournament. Halak is hot and they have some great players. USA Finland should be a low scoring affair, Miller versus Kipper

Canada vs USA for gold on the girls side today. Flip a coin.

U.S./CAN would be a spectacular gold medal game........No matter who wins.

I agree. I'm hoping that it's last night's team that comes to the rink though. :P

As for the US/Canada competition - that one's bigger than Russia/Canada any day to me. I really look forward to any games between Canada and the US in hockey - men, women, juniors, whatever. Perhaps it goes back to the days when my kids' teams played American teams in tournaments. The best young American teams came in with 10 skaters and 1 goalie and skated like a military marching unit. These kids had been power skated to the Nth degree and ran our kids ragged. We won our share of games but it was sure a different experience from playing Canadian teams.

I wish we could find out what it is the American kids are fed that makes them so tough to beat, not just in hockey.

JF

WOW,gotta eat some crow here, a spectacular effort from Canada, now that team resembles gold medal quality.Seems to me this roster was put together to play Russia and they dominated every aspect of the game, completly throughing the Russian scorers off there game. In the first period the Russians seemed to be in shock and could do absolutly nothing, just an icredible effort from Canada's checking line to shut them down, Ovechkin was not even noticable on the ice.Fantastic game from the Canadian players, now I hope they keep the intensity up for Slovakia, they won't be a push over lots of tallent on there team aswell. I'm happy the Canadians are making me look like an idiot armchair manager hahahaha, GO CANADA GO

haha no kidding HH....

check to see if Boyle is that line up...he got crushed, but the sweet taste of victory is making that check feel like a pillow right now.

Im still not over that game...thats the way Canadians should play every game....possessed!

All the pre-talk about the Russian team being contenders for the Gold, they really didn't show it last night. Seems like their entire team team was not playing on the same page. Good for Canada though - the guys played a great day. I'm all for a USA and Canada re-match for the Gold.

Dunkin Donuts with no transfats

I thought all the athletes just eat Mcdonalds while in Vancouver???

They ARE "the official restaurant of the 2010 olympics"

(that drives me nuts........cant you just see all the highly conditioned speedskaters scarfing up chicken nuggets between races for fuel) :rolleyes: