To our American friends...

Gerritt

Growing up in Michigan we had ketchup chips. My mom used to buy them from this company that used to have trucks that went from one neighborhood to another...they also had great cookies and candies. I think it was "Charles Chips" and everything came in large tins. Personally didn't care for them, another thing Pamela Anderson and I will never have in common LOL

bly

Edited by bly

Years ago I was in the Navy and we were in Helsiki Finland. I was wandering around the city one night and came across a hot dog vender and as I wasnt feeling any pain I ordered a hot dog. The vender heated the dog and put it on the bun and then put a huge scoop of mashed potatoes on top of it. Not to offend the vender I paid him and walked around the corner and gave the potatoes to some dogs. The hot dog was great but they didnt have mustard or relish. Thats my mini rant for today.

Edited by Eddyk

Dustink, they are potato chips that taste like ketchup LOL... and I never even thought that our buds down south dont have them!!! the most powerful country in the world... and you cant find a chip in ketchup flavour anywhere!!! man.....

I didnt know about the vinegar thing either lol...geeez I am batting ZERO today...

now good luck finding decent Biscuits N Gravy in Canada.... man I would kill for some of that right now!

Gerritt.

When I was in Ft. Mcmurry in the 80's there was a contract up for grabs for putting on miles and miles of weather stripplng on some buildings but they couldn't get anyone to do it because it went on with sloted screws. A buddy took the contract, threw away the slotted screws and got some robbies, made about $500 a day.

now good luck finding decent Biscuits N Gravy in Canada.... man I would kill for some of that right now!

Gerritt.

No Doubt! Probably one of the things I miss the most!

bly

Now you have me thinking that I need to make some lol

Slotted screw , and Phillips / posidrive are crap compared the Robertson drive. Can you believe that they are actually sold in the US as tamper-proof?.

Thank Henry Ford himself for this screw-up (he he he).

One of the best things about the Robertson screw is that you can drive the screw overhead with only one hand. The screw just sticks on the driver, all by itslef.

Okay, now what do "Biscuits N Gravy" look like, dare I ask? Anyone have of pic of them? What I have running through my head doesn't look pretty so I'm sure I have the wrong thought in mind.

HearingFish

This would be a biscuit

biscuits.jpg

and this would be a biscuit smothered in sausage gravy with a side of what I grew up calling "american fries" YUMMY!!

800px-Biscuits-and-gravy.jpg

and those taters are awesome with ketchup! hehe

Edited by bly

Oh man express your so right - they sold extra crispy up here for maybe 6 months. My arteries are glad they stopped but damned if I don't get disappointed every time I go by a KFC now. But then I remember that Americans can't get coffee crisp and all is well with the world.

Oh and for our American friends or ex-pats -Canada Only Sales