PB WALLEYE!!!

limeyangler

Hi All,

I'm very impressed with myself, managed to get this guy, definitely a PB for me....only thing is its a PB smallest ever that was not snagged or coughed up by a pike....lol.

I cannot believe how aggressive this little guy was. I was out the front of the house on a supper mission(got some bigger for supper BTW) and was getting lots of 14-15" fish on the screen and biting .

This little guy shows on the screen of my fishfinder...now anyone who has a LCD fishfinder on the ice wil know the scenario of the line making a sharp almost vertical run at your bait meaning GET READY TO SET THE HOOK...THIS GUY MEANS BUSINESS!

He smacked it, actually felt the bite...lol....could feel it 'fluttering' on the way up but just thought it was my minnow as i had it hooked through the back at the dorsal fin.....lol...after a titanic struggle lasting 0.1 seconds i iced my PB smallest walleye ever.

The minnow that was nearly as big as the fish was halfway down its throat, the hook not even in its mouth, which was good as that enabled me to let it go relatively unharmed. I really hope to meet up with that guy again some day 10 years from now, especially if he maintains that feisty attitude.

WHAT A BEAUTY! TONS OF ATTITUDE IN A LITTLE BODY

IMG_0020.jpg