How do you leave an accident ????????

lew

Hey Lew, glad to hear your daughter is ok.

I have a 21 year old who just got her license and I am

paranoid that something will happen to her with all the idiots

on the road these days. It doesn't matter how careful or experienced

a driver you are, you can still get nailed.

In the pictures of the car, it looks like the passenger air bag went off,

was that just the impact or did Sheri have a passenger?

Geeze Lew,

Sorry to hear ... and I am glad Sherri is going to be alright ... it scares the heck out of me thinking how the aggressive 'other guy' can be the cause in a split second of such bad things to you or your loved ones... sometimes more even so when you are being careful and cautious

I am waiting for the day they come out with the factory installed bumber-cam with a button on the steering wheel ... so you can get a quick shot of the morons as they pass you (or worse) in unsafe conditions ... then at the very least you have the licence plate and vehicle description to be able to take civil action if not criminal action against them.... and maybe a few well publicized civil law suits would make for some more care and consideration for the lives of others n the road....

In the pictures of the car, it looks like the passenger air bag went off,

was that just the impact or did Sheri have a passenger?

Sheri was alone in the car, and yes, both air bags inflated but I don't know why, as I was always under the impression that it took the weight of a person in the seat to arm the triggering mechanism.

But at least they inflated and did the job their designed for.

Ric, your absolutely right about the Toronto area drivers, their getting worse everyday and traffic laws don't seem to matter anymore. Speed limits, red lights, stop signs, they all just seem to be an inconvenience to some of these people and are totally ignored by many drivers.

Thanks again for everyones good wishes

Like everyone else has expressed hope she gets up and around real soon. I drive all around the GTA all day for work and no appoinment is worth the well being of someone else or myself. People need to either leave earlier if it's important or realize 10min is not a big deal.

sorry to hear about that but Montreal area drivers are wayyyyy worse. Cant turn on a red on island but off island is ok.You will get beat for a parking spot in some cases-brutal. I have a kid now.Honestly,my driving habits changed when I brought him home

Lew...

We just talked about this the other day!!! Oh man...when I read this my heart skipped a beat. Thank goodness she is physically going to make it thru this relatively quickly. The memories of this will stay for much longer...as you said. I drive from the burbs to Toronto every day for work. In bad weather, I slow down to under the limit if the conditions warrant it. It amazes me to see the jerks speeding by thinking the road isn't slippery to them or that their actions put people all around in danger.

I hope she gets well soon...let her know we all have her in our thoughts.

Cliff

wow, scary stuff Lew. The timing of my reading your post is a bit ironic. A guy flew past me on the highway yesterday in poor weather, I said to my passenger that if he gets in an accident, I am not going to stop. Call me cold hearted, but this idiot was asking for trouble.

Hi everyone, this is Lew's daughter, Sheri.

Thank you all so much for all your get well wishes......it's nice to see my dad has so many caring friends out there.....too bad though that the nit wit that cut me off wasn't so caring. If only he took that split second to look in his rear view mirror as it did for me to slam head on into a cement wall he may think twice about such carelessness. "FishinFool" questioned why the passenger side airbag went off.......when I slammed into the wall, my seatbelt somehow came off and I ended up over in the passenger seat....so I guess it sensed another body over there.

Thank you all again for your well wishes.......a few broken bones in my hand and some very very sore and bruised ribs but hey........I'm still alive to tell the tail and that's all that matters.

If the guy that cut me off noon on Friday going North on the DVP at Wynford Drive is reading this.......THANKS!!

Sheri

Edited by lew

Lew, I don't know where some people think their brains are ( apart from sitting on them :wallbash: ) but I sure hope Sheri recovers fast. Tell her to take it easy and heal properly. To bad there was know one around to get a Plate # and get this idiot caught... vehicles can be replaced as you know... Lives.. well we won't even go there...

WOW!!!

Reading this sends a shiver down my spine. Lew, thank everything that is holy that your precious daughter will be ok. I hope that the worthless piece of ...........it that caused this accident has at least lost some sleep. I'm a firm believer in what comes around goes around, he'll get his one day.

Hope Sheri heals up fast Lew ! Shame it hag to happen,but. Ive said it befor and I'll say it again.

Too many idiots out there believe all the Advertising out there.

Super Duper tires, all wheel drive,ABS brakes, Blah Blah and they show people driving like idiots,or getting giddy inside the car.I think the Powers that be should investigate the advertising aspect. Some people believe anything :wallbash::wallbash:

This reminds me of an accident I saw just in front of me over the bayview ramp about 15yrs ago. I was lucky not to be involved but it was about the same, I was just over the limit at about 95 in the left lane when a moron is flashing his high beams to get me out of the way, the moron decided to cut 2 lanes over the the right and then back into the left lane not seeing there was another car ahead of me, t-boned the car in front of me and then had the nerve to put the car into reverse when they came to a stop, hitting another minivan passing the slowed traffice in the right lane!!! I remember 2 guys and a girl getting out of the CRX, felt like getting out and bashing them (but that wouldn't have gotten anywhere).

Anyways, Lew and Sheri, I hope Sheri feels and gets better soon. Why don't these aggressive drivers ever think about others on the road!! :angry:

If they wish to take their own lives, do it without involving other innocent people!

Stan

Glad to hear that Sherri is, for the most part, OK Lew. Hopefully the idiot will get what's coming to him.

Unfortunately we will always share the road with idiot drivers. Heck, a while back, there was even a thread on OFC where several of the respondants defended their excessive speeds, with many of them disrespecting drivers who "held them up".

Slow down!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash:

Heck, a while back, there was even a thread on OFC where several of the respondants defended their excessive speeds, with many of them disrespecting drivers who "held them up".

And that's the biggest part of the problem Chris, far too many folks think their driving skills are so superior to everyone elses, they don't need to slow down for poor road conditions or heavy traffic. They figure they can just go roaring along on their merry way and the whole world will just move over and let them through, and to hell with anybody that dares to get in their way.

Morons !!!!