Summer time fishing trips?

tinbanger

must be the seeningly never ending snow or the trip to the fishing show but can't seem to stop thinking about summer trips.

What trips are you planning beyond the weekend outings?

Think we are set on a trip to Dryden/Thunder Bay for a couple of weeks end of July august :clapping:

Nipegon,local walleye lakes and a 'secret' bass lake are on the list of 'must do's' Maybe a Musky outing as well

Last trip couple of years ago was bad timing with prolonged low pressure ,rain and cool weather ( heater in the rented tent trailer came in handy)

Planning to tow our own boat up for some serious fishin.

Only have to wait now :whistling:

My season always starts off with our annual 4 day trip to Quinte for the May 24 weekend. Been doing it for many years but the last couple years I've had a few OFC friends join our group which just makes it all that much better.

June is the annual G2G at Lakair on the West Arm of Nippissing and I'll be heading there for 5-6 days as usual.

In July, my regular OFC group is heading out to the Ottawa River for a few more days of musky fish'n.....hafta find a nice campground on the river, east of Ottawa somewhere.

Myself & eddyk always do a week together after Labour Day and this year we'll be heading back to Lakair again.

Definitely time to start gettin' ready.

June - :thumbsup_anim: My first Lakair GTG, arriving late afternoon on Tuesday. Have to see what we'll be fishin for those days.

July - Week of bass on the Rideau.

Sept - Two weeks on the French. North Channel for one and Wolseley Bay for the second. Pike and Musky

As you can see, I do the majority of my fishin' north of the border .... and love it !

bring on summer!!! hopefully it will be a busy one

getting married in early june and going to cancun for the honeymoon, hope to take a day on a charter, as well as do some shore fishing while the wife is catching the sun.

end of june planning on spending a week going to haliburton to visit some fishing friends and maybe make the g2g for a couple days.

end of july going to elk lake/matachewan area for 10 days.

im getting pumped just writing about it, cant wait for it to get here.

jason

The way this winter is turning out workwise, I'll be working extra hours to recoup some lost funds. So it'll be weekend trips for me. Too bad, I was hoping to really turn it up a notch this year. The good thing(or bad) is, I live 15 min from Scubog. So hopefully I'll get out with some OFC'ers up this way for some evenings.

Annual trip with the old high school gang up to the Thunder Bay area (thinking Dog river for this year), already pumped up about it (spent most of my cash at the fishing show on walleye related gear). Want to try a 4-5 day canoe trip somewhere as well but nothing planned yet.

Think we are set on a trip to Dryden/Thunder Bay for a couple of weeks end of July august clapping.gif

Nipegon,

You should do well in the Dryden area, lots of good lakes up that way, and I assume you will be hitting Nipigon for lakers mainly, but will be trying for brook trout also.

Post here when it gets nearer the time you will be heading up this way, maybe DanC, Mahumba, Snowball, or I can help you out with some thngs.

A week @ nipissing, A week @ Upper Buckhorn, Hopefully a week in Thunderbay.....???....weekend trips for sure!!... Mepps where abouts in the GWN?

Gerritt

Whereabouts in the GWN!!!!!

:lol:

I think I know where, Little Vermilion I would bet, meeting up with TG(Connie) again, and tormenting us with the picture posts of huge pike, and lots of wa.................er.............pickerel.

mmmmmmm lets see... Maybe a fly in with leuenbergers or another outfitter in spring or fall ( if not this year then next ) Lakair G2G in June ( to good to miss ) My usual trips out on Huron by the house throughout the summer with the possible trip to a few OFC'ers places Mon thru Thursday ( I work weekends ) and most likely Silvr'y Moon again in Sept if we don't do the fly in. I really hope to get out as much as possible this year as last summer by the house was a bust for many reasons beyond my control...things like wind and weather. Amy says she nneds more fishing this year also!

Edited by Garyv

Have no money for week trips but you never know, I'll be on GB almost every day, and Nip, French, Moon river, Parry Sound areas are all close with great fishing so I can't wait to get the boat in the water and Collingwood, Wasaga beach, for salmon and bows when I go home.

I guess a good camp ground could be a cheaper option for a longer trip though.

Edited by GbayGiant

lots up in the air - nothing in "stone" yet - still planning a coupla trips to new spots- sadly time will not allow a Lakair trip this season

this softwater season is gonna be devoted mostly to trolling the great lakes locally for salmon, trout, walleye & jigging up some smallies. Hopefully some trips to the trailer in the Kawartha's thrown in to raise a few muskies as well.

Going to try and make the Lakair G2G with the Studman,then off to Silv'ry Moon in July,get to fish the whole week this year instead of those trips into Sudbury for Dialysis every other day.Remainder of the summer likey on Huron or Erie, for eyes and steelies.May plan a fall 4 day trip somewhere as well. Brian

Got a week planned for Fushimi Lake PP in late August. Other then that, it will be lots of day / weekend trips for panfish and bass. Maybe a steelie weekend in Michigan in the spring, and one in the fall for Kings...

Oh, I've got a day in April where my Dad & I are going out with guide for Musky on Lake Webster (in N. Indiana)

Hopefully a day with Whopper on Hamilton Lake........

dk

I'm also going to Lost Lake Lodge near Gowganda in late June thanks to Lew's recommendation. Maybe see you up there Setomonkey. Lew, you should get paid a referral fee from this place! :D

That's actually quite funny bronzeback, because there's another OFNer going in June also because of a conversation him and I have been having the last couple months, but I'll let him divulge his own name if he wants.

jeeeez, I hope you guys don't all get skunked or I'm gonna have alot of folks angry with me :w00t::lol:

HOPEFULLY, we'll make it up to visit the in-laws up on LOTW this year but I doubt it. It's going to be some day trips here and there (Muskoka and Rice Lake) and hopefully a guided Musky trip (I need to learn some techniques). You can only learn so much from magazines and tv shows. I need to see it done right in front of my eyes for it to truly register. I'd be willing to kick in some gas cash for some of our resident musky hunters for a day trip sometime.