OFN has gone downhill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigredfisher

A SWILL, Me and Spiel have a Swill every couple days :D . We ALL here have to get our timing right and hook up. :thumbsup_anim:

I think some people here need to catch more DRUM in there creel, They are fun to catch :D

Some people wish they could catch a Drum :w00t:

Yea, we're about due for another mini swill so you can school me on the finer points of being a sheephead master. :D

I would like to know what happened to the OFC board. This used to be a great board with lots of info. Now all it is is a place to run people down when they ask a question. Comeon people come on this board wanting to get some info and that is what it was made for. Now everone is afraid to make a post asking a question without getting run down. I will no longer be visting for a while because this has got to be too much. I post a question about my car even and get run down what the hell is with that. This board needs a serious "clean up" and untill then i will be sticking to ************

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

The way I see things.

It was free to sign up and it costs nothing to leave – Why complain? Everything about the use of this message board is done voluntarily by its members. You can give a lot of tips out to others and you can get a lot back (In most cases like others have said, you get what you give)…You however are not guaranteed or entitled to getting answers for questions or replies to your posts. Be prepared to receive replies you weren’t expecting (if any).

OFC is what it is…The information contained within these pages is free for members, lurkers and Google-bots alike to view and make use of the information. I personally don’t reply very often to requests asking where I’ve been fishing (especially to those who have a post count of zero) – I’m not an ass (Really I’m not) – I just don’t appreciate seeing spent fishing line and empty beer bottles dumped in my favourite fishing spots by those who might have less of an appreciation of the environment than I do. I’m sure you would agree with that as well…If I remember correctly, you yourself ripped the piss out of a 17 yr old kid earlier this spring for posting the name of a certain steelhead creek who was only trying to help somebody out. Would I feel the same if my home spot was posted on the net? Probably…I certainly would’ve handled it differently though.

If you absolutely need an answer for fixing a motorcycle, car or lawn tractor, like GCD mentioned, a reputable mechanic is the way to go…You’ll pay some $, but you’ll get an answer for it. Failing that, try an automobile based message board. Failing all of that, OFC – but be prepared to receive replies or answers you might not be looking for or ones that won’t be as helpful as if you went to the mechanic yourself.

If OFC doesn’t provide you the answers for your fishing questions, there are other resources available to you: Stop in at the nearest tackle shop and chat with the owner, take a walk or scout out the lake/river/stream you want to fish and talk to the anglers there (I see very few people doing this). You can also hire a fishing guide for the day, pick up a few books from the bookstore or library (definite goldmine here), use the “Ask Italo” feature on the Canadian Sport-fishing web-site or ask a pro on WFN (a couple of which already use OFC), etc. As great as OFC is – I really hate to say this – It isn’t the “be-all” of fishing information. Be pro-active and resourceful in your quest for information.

I still can’t understand why so many people get worked up about message boards…People were fishing long before the internet came into conception right? At least I was…

OFC is great, I’ve met so many people who share the same passion of fishing that I have and can communicate with those who are literally thousands of km away. I’ve posted fishing reports in the past and received free advice on where to try next without even asking for it from members I’ve never met or spoken to previously. Lurkers who have never posted a single thing on OFC have recognized me out on the water and given me tips and free bait when they see me. The members of this board, given an introduction with some participation now and then, are some of the friendliest and most helpful people you can find. Several of the members have guided me around their home waters FOR FREE (a $375 value each trip). Saying please and thank you really does go a long way.

I came for some fishing tips but stayed because of the people.

As great as OFC is – I really hate to say this – It isn't the "be-all" of fishing information.

What????

LOL.. nice post right on the money, thanks for taking the time.

I love threads like this, it brings out the oldtimers to support the board, we may be away and not on as much as we used to be but we still support the board. Yeah there are posts that cause foks to get all foamy and out of joint and there are non fishing posts too. The OFC is an all encompassing board, you can ask just about anything here and someone will answer your question. This is the place to be, hang your hat, go to the G2G's and the swills ( Steve!! ) once you become family there is no getting away from it. Take a break from the board and see how long you can actually stay away from it !! everyone, even the folks that have left this place still read this board.

OFC ROCKS and nothing comes even close to this place!!!

Squid.

This place is like many have said,FAMILY.

Up in the morning, off to work,or for some,fishing/hunting/trailing.LOL

Come home and talk about yer days events. Some ranting, calling names and get away from me sorta stuff.

Some family members want to hear what you have to say,some shut you out and carry on.

Something like this board.

example.

I caught a lunker today and a PB. 100 congrats replies and 1000 views. Yep nice to see,good job.

Bad day on the water,fish not biteing,what did I do wrong. 500 replies on everyones way to catch a fish. AWESOME.

It,s hunting time. 20 replies (as this is mainly a fishing site.) LOL 1500 VIEWS (THOUGHT THIS WAS A FISHING SITE.) HAHAHAHAHA

Lost a dear family member or friend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FAMILY

OFN

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Im done kissing up now. :rolleyes:

Well, well, well. I was sure that we were doing the best we could but obviously, it wasn't enough. The group of us have been working at this for years. We know how it works. There are about 5,000 members here and a lot of them are close friends. What bothers me about all of this is that a few mentally challenged folks are able to pit friends against each other. The mentally challenged that I refer to are online as we speak and are revelling in their success. That REALLY bothers me.

This is the most active fishing site in North America so you just HAVE to understand that the dinks who want recognition will hit this one first. I'm quite sick of all of this and will deal with it severely as it happens now. I hope that the 'dudes' who want to leave just leave. We really don't have time for this crap.

I won't lock this right now.....let's see what happens.

Roy, I normally enjoy your posts as they are intellectual and well thought out but this one offends me. Having a friend that is mentally challenged I can tell you that he would be the last person to ever attempt to pit friends against each other. These folks you speak of are not mentally challenged, just bitter people with nothing better going on in their lives.

If its any constellation I was the very first poster on OFC many years ago when it all started. Over the years many folks have come and gone and returned for all the same reasons only to find that the grass isn't any greener on the other side...Although things may seem dismal at times its all part of this big family atmosphere we got going on. Heck,inlaws can be a pain and then add 5000 more people to the big picture....Keep the posts and pictures coming fisher people and keep a stiff upper lip when the time calls for it.....

Cheers !!!

Ziki, I agree and I apologise. It was a very poor choice of words. I work with some kids who have serious psychological problems and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt them in any way. So, thanks for bringing it up as it gives me a chance to at least try to redeem myself.

Be well.

Roy, I normally enjoy your posts as they are intellectual and well thought out but this one offends me. Having a friend that is mentally challenged I can tell you that he would be the last person to ever attempt to pit friends against each other. These folks you speak of are not mentally challenged, just bitter people with nothing better going on in their lives.

Take a pill Ziki.

I've never personally met Roy, but I’ll back him up to no end. The Mods on this site are great.

We all know someone who is mentally challenged. His post wasn't meant to bash those with disorders. That seems obvious. Enought said.

Edit: I posted this the same time Roy posted the above.... I didn't see what he had said... Roy, your a good guy....

Edited by F to the Is-H