OFN has gone downhill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigredfisher

I would like to know what happened to the OFC board. This used to be a great board with lots of info. Now all it is is a place to run people down when they ask a question. Comeon people come on this board wanting to get some info and that is what it was made for. Now everone is afraid to make a post asking a question without getting run down. I will no longer be visting for a while because this has got to be too much. I post a question about my car even and get run down what the hell is with that. This board needs a serious "clean up" and untill then i will be sticking to ************

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH

Edited by T.J. Quesnel

It does seem in the last couple of weeks, we've had some issues.. periods like this come and go. The board can run great for long periods of time and then for a few weeks, not so great.. its funny... wait till xmas around here... and big red... your more than free to frequent any message board you like. Id prefer it, (and I edited your post...) if you wouldn't purposely send people to another board.. that's just not good karma.. or good etiquette.

It does seem in the last couple of weeks, we've had some issues.. periods like this come and go. The board can run great for long periods of time and then for a few weeks, not so great.. its funny... wait till xmas around here... and big red... your more than free to frequent any message board you like. Id prefer it, (and I edited your post...) if you wouldn't purposely send people to another board.. that's just not good karma.. or good etiquette.

You have the power TJ! Keep OFC Alive!

LOL.. OFC is not going anywhere... there's not alot of other boards that even come close to the traffic this one has.. and with that high volume of users/traffic there are always issues... I've been at this for close to ten years now and I've seen it all. Bashers come and Bashers go... we do the best we can.

I don't like it either when posters feel the need to make a comment that adds absolutely nothing of value to the thread. I think in this case they offered what little advice they could. They could have been a little nicer about it, but saying you were "run down" might be being slightly oversensitive. I'm pretty sure the crack about your car never having any power to start with was meant as a friendly joke.

Basically nobody could offer you any particularily useful advice, and that's that.

Hopefully you won't stay away long.

Cheers and tight lines.

as a automotive tech i could easily tell you that the sunfire needed an o2 sensor but without really looking at it, it is still a guess, unfortunatly I am at work and just can't run to the screen every 5 minutes in the hopes that an automotive q appeared then do an interenet diagnosis, have some paitence we'll get to it

If you get crapped on unjustly tell a MOD about it.

You may get some support or you may find out its you that is indeed in the wrong.

Just be prepared to hear it, and keep an open mind...it happens to the best of us.

The thing about the growing membership is it adds more resources(more people, more experience)

But you get :asshat:'s too...

You need to learn to filter a bit, and knowing who is actually a wealth of knowledge vs. a Joker vs. an :asshat: Takes time, and patronage to the board. Like it or not you take your fate in your own hands when you take advice on this board...unless you know who is who.

Like wise there is no reason to get upset at comments thrown your way unless you know the latter.

(stix and stones bud...)

Of course there are some who will bash, but they come and go, and IMO the inconvenience is vastly outweighed by the good folks, and buckets of knowledge they have to share.

I hope you change you mind, and put some time in deciphering the good from the bad, as its worth it in the end.

Cheers,

I’m a lurker that has been viewing the board for the past 3-4 years, and I must say there are lots (too much) nit-pickers on this board that like to show off they’re knowledge more than an actual fishing report contributions, and it really does bring down the quality of the threads. My advise to Bigredfisher, is if you’re looking for information, use the search tool, and you’ll have several years of reports for your viewing, and you don’t have to deal with the Online Fishing board Nazi’s that threaten the genuine fishing attitude and make-up that this board at one time had.

Tip – If you want less idiot posters (one on this thread already) simply do not respond to them, don’t fuel the fire, and they’ll stop or better yet go away for good. It’s simple message board economics, lol

Oh ya BTW - I don’t post here because I don’t have to, but I did join because more members give more $$ to the mods, and they deserve it for this undertaking that is OFC.

Guest gbfisher
Tip – If you want less idiot posters (one on this thread already) simply do not respond to them, don’t fuel the fire, and they’ll stop or better yet go away for good. It’s simple message board economics, lol

TJ is not an idiot.... :angry:

If its the comment i made about the Sunfire having a lack of power ...I also drive a Sunfire... :angel::angel:

Lol, you also answered his question first.

Damn THAT'S IT, I'm so tired of idiot question askers ignoring answers they don't want to hear or skip entirely because they're too busy with sand in their mangina's. Put an end to Topic Nazis now, it's killing OFC! :jerry:

I don't understand where this is coming from to be honest.

I don't mean to come across rude with this but at the end of the day this is a fishing board and were all not licensed mechanics. I simply had no idea what a oz sensor is (or whatever it's called) so I didn't reply. You got several good replys there for a pretty complicated question.

You mentioned people reply to the guys with 1 post and tell them where to go, well that's simply because most of us can answer a fishing question here and direct them.

Just my 2 cents, don't sweat the litttle stuff!

I don't understand where this is coming from to be honest.

I don't mean to come across rude with this but at the end of the day this is a fishing board and were all not licensed mechanics. I simply had no idea what a oz sensor is (or whatever it's called) so I didn't reply. You got several good replys there for a pretty complicated question.

You mentioned people reply to the guys with 1 post and tell them where to go, well that's simply because most of us can answer a fishing question here and direct them.

Just my 2 cents, don't sweat the litttle stuff!

Dude your avatar pic.... that's totally taking the piss ain't it? Wasn't that an OOS fish??!! :jerry:

Oh ya BTW - I don’t post here because I don’t have to, but I did join because more members give more $$ to the mods, and they deserve it for this undertaking that is OFC.

Not singling you out but aren't people like you the root of the problem? Those who are prepared to sign up (not sure about the mods getting any $$ for it) and take what they want from others without giving anything back?

I understand people not wanting to say "fish here, with this bait, at this depth, on this rig" as trying things out is how you learn and become more competent but I can also see how it could be interpreted as unhelpful.