My Thoughts about Basserones Post!

Dave Mercer

Come on people....get with the program. It aint the colour that catches the fish!!!!!

Check out Stike King-Sexy Shad

Or........Lucky Craft-Chartreuse Shad

Oh, I guess that Dave invented those colours too !

You people are so gullable

Sure all fishing shows are infomercials and most are highly edited but hey if they were not nobody would watch.

The hosts look like walking billboards and their boats are billboards but the advertising works just look at whats in your tackle box and your rod lockers for proof!!

I for one like Dave`s show and for the record Mercer`s magic got me the nice bass in my Limerick report when nothing much else was working.

First off, Dave, I commend you for making this post, well said.

As for the Mercer's Magic colour, as far as I know it was exclusive to Bass Pro and I know for a fact Bass Pro doesnt carry it anymore. Dave may know how to get more, but I'm pretty sure it was a limited quanitity.

I think dave bought them all for himself

All I can say is there will always be people out there who dont like some one and others who do like them I for one like the show alot and think Dave is funny as hell and it brings you back to having fun YES there are alot of stickers and talk of lures and suppliers but if we did not have these shows to tell us about them or show us how they work then how would be find out about them? I like the idea on how the show is done and hope it stays around for a long time. I went to the Sarnia show and had a blast and will support the show any time I can.

Cheers Dave and dont worry about one person who has 2 post here we love ya and the show thanks for taking the time to talk to us.

Oh yeah about the mercers magic we have never seen them down here in the SW corner of the great Provence and BPS in Ohio has NONE

Cheers Mike

Also some thing we should all remember that just like there will be some who dont like Daves show there will always be the ones who say they Like Charlie.

I read through some of these threads and could not get my head around some of the negative responses. First off when any of those negative sour pusses get to the point where they can get a national TV show off the ground then step up on your soap box and maybe then you might get 2 seconds of my time.

In my youth I brushed up against the fishing industry and let me say it opened my eyes. I worked my first sportsman show in 1980 and had 6+ years of exposure with Ontario bass tournament series through the 90s and also have had a direct hand in travel and tourism and guiding as well.

Maybe some of the twit repsonders can actually read so I suggest you do that and check out Dave's Bio. I knew about Dave Mercer way before Facts of fishing because his name kept coming up in the bass tournament results. The Facts of Fishing 60 second reel was one of the first dedicated teaching tools - way different from existing Canadian fishing shows.

Wisen up guys, being able to get a Canadian Fishing show off the ground and to get national distribution coverage is amazing. TV Shows exist for only one reason and that is advertising and sponsorship. So get a grip, that's his job to entertain and represent the products that companies pay him to advertsie. That may sound a bit harsh but I'd trade places with him in a second.

Good job Dave and by the way fantastic job on the commercial. I saw some of the first internal copy and you made it an absolute smash hit.

If the guy could afford a fishing show without sponsors, I'm sure it would be a half hour of pure facts and entertainment. Unfortunately, sponsors fuel the industry and demand a little promotion for dishing out their cash for guys like Dave's paycheck.

Dave's a good egg. The show is entertaining. His lure colour (like many others) works just fine.

If you don't like what you see, you could always flip channels. I hear Jerry Springer's on channel 12. :)

Guest gbfisher

Dave.

I don't fish for Bass. I don't even watch your show.

Don't let the wee ones(critics) get to ya...... :Gonefishing:

oh ya and ... :lol: Bass are incidental.................... :jerry:

;)

I typically don't have time to watch fishin shows, but if I do, I'll watch Dave. He makes me laugh, he doesn't hide anything and he gets backlashes just like everyone else!

Now, admittedly, I'm a SWAG junkie, so when Dave gave Joey a bunch of Tee-shirts for our Quinte GTG, a couple of years ago, he immediately jumped to the front of the line in my mind. Yah, I'm easily bought! LOL

But it shows you the character of the guy. He has not forgotten the grass roots nature of our sport and I commend him for that.

Keep up the good work Dave! And more importantly, keep smilin!

HH

Hey guys,

As most of you know I'm one of the Camera Ops. and the editor of THE SHOW. Judging by the responses here, there's really no need for me to come on and try to explain to everybody what kind of a stand up guy Dave really is. I met him through OFC, and after working with him on a couple of short projects, he offered me my dream job. Dave worked LONG and HARD, for many years to get to the point where he's at today. He did it, and still does it today because he loves the sport of fishing, and sharing it with the world. If it weren't for that hard work and time that Dave put in, I'd still be working downtown TO scraping by to support my family. I for one am both thankful that Dave took me on, giving me the opportunity to work in an industry that I'd never have had to opportunity to work in otherwise, and for the fact that I KNOW the sport of fishing will be taken to a whole new level for my kids to enjoy for years to come.

The only thing I have to say on the matter of faking and editing things, is

A - if it were that simple, I'd be out of a job.

B - Do you realize how much harder my job is trying to fit all the fish, tips, and Dave's "incidents" into a half hour show? lol It'd be much simpler, and cheaper to just cut a "regular" show.

He wanted to do a show that showed it all, snags, missed fish, back-lashes, hooks in the finger and more, because it happens to everybody....Even the pros.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that the hard work Dave puts in to everything he does show's through. His drive to push things to the limit is infectious, and spreads through to the entire crew, who I know appreciate the support we see out there for Dave just as much as he does.

Speaking of which, this post is long enough, I better get back to work on Season 3 of Facts of Fishing THE SHOW.... Because let's face it, unlike most of you slackers, we all know my boss clearly know's when I'm on OFC during the work day! haha :whistling:

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Dave I appreciate your sense of humour in your show. hands down fishing is supposed to be fun. too many shows where the host doens't look like they're having fun. I do have a question about one of your sponsers. I must not be using their product correctly. See i eat subway but find myself built more like you than that Jerrod. Am I eating the sandwich starting from the wrong end?

keep laughing Dave!

It had to be said, and you said it just right, Dave. Excellent response...way to take the bull[crap] by the horns :thumbsup_anim:

Uhhh...Basserone...where the heck are you, bud? Must be too busy fishing to reply, eh?

Hey guys,

As most of you know I'm one of the Camera Ops. and the editor of THE SHOW. Judging by the responses here, there's really no need for me to come on and try to explain to everybody what kind of a stand up guy Dave really is. I met him through OFC, and after working with him on a couple of short projects, he offered me my dream job. Dave worked LONG and HARD, for many years to get to the point where he's at today. He did it, and still does it today because he loves the sport of fishing, and sharing it with the world. If it weren't for that hard work and time that Dave put in, I'd still be working downtown TO scraping by to support my family. I for one am both thankful that Dave took me on, giving me the opportunity to work in an industry that I'd never have had to opportunity to work in otherwise, and for the fact that I KNOW the sport of fishing will be taken to a whole new level for my kids to enjoy for years to come.

B - Do you realize how much harder my job is trying to fit all the fish, tips, and Dave's "incidents" into a half hour show? lol It'd be much simpler, and cheaper to just cut a "regular" show.

He wanted to do a show that showed it all, snags, missed fish, back-lashes, hooks in the finger and more, because it happens to everybody....Even the pros.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that the hard work Dave puts in to everything he does show's through. His drive to push things to the limit is infectious, and spreads through to the entire crew, who I know appreciate the support we see out there for Dave just as much as he does.

Speaking of which, this post is long enough, I better get back to work on Season 3 of Facts of Fishing THE SHOW.... Because let's face it, unlike most of you slackers, we all know my boss clearly know's when I'm on OFC during the work day! haha :whistling:

Cheers,

Ryan

Very well said!

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Ryan

Very well said Ryan and I believe every word you said. Things happen for a reason and the camera work that yourself and the FOF team do is outstanding. This show was the first show that I saw with those extreme close up shots and other neat camera shots. Yourself and the other camera guy/guys really have a great view on television and film. I have been watching Dave for a long time now, way back when he started his FOF commercials and not sure how far back it was but I remember that episote he did with Bob Izumi on the small lake in the Kingston area...both guys were fishing out of a small Lund boat and were having a great time.

Dave Mercer, and the FOF team today, thanks for putting on a great show every week and making me actually smile at 9am on a Saturday!

Best Regards,

Mike

I can see that I have obviously hit a nerve with my opinion concerning the Mercer show.

First, let me start by saying that I was simply responding to an original post by Patrick Scott who was bashing Cronzie’s show, Also, I might add that the root admin, posted his comment “Personally, Im a bit tired of the fishing show / cronzie bashing”, oh and that topic is now locked, interesting??? I was simply giving my opinion about Mercer’s fishing show and some of the flaws that I see, it was not intended to create such a stir. From the 3 plus pages of responses Basserone is famous now and it only took 48 hours. lol

Second, I would like to bring your attention to the rules of this board, see below. It is obvious from the number of responses that it is ok to bash people who are not a sponsor of this board, but when you inflict some sense of reality on one of your own then it becomes a different concern.

The Rules

2.Debate is encouraged, but please follow the basic guidelines of debate. No name calling. Back up your claims with proof. Don't get your knickers in a knot if someone disagrees. KEEP IT CIVIL!

P.S. For those concerned of my whereabouts, yes I have been fishing and it has been great, 25 casts 15 fish, multi freshwater species. Here is my tip of the day for those concerned of my whereabouts. The #5 daredevil in Basserone Black is out producing the Mercer Magic 15 – 0.

Good luck fishing and keep a tight line what whatever lure you are using.

The now famous Basserone

That's all well and good, but my Mercer's Magic outproduces my daredevil....so are the daredevil people making their living by lying to people? Of course you hit a nerve...you pretty much called a well liked and respected member of the community a liar. Just because YOU can't catch fish with a particular lure. Take your own advice and don't get your knickers in a knot if someone catches fish on a lure and you don't

But you get tons of points for keeping it civil :) Welcome aboard, b.o.