My Thoughts about Basserones Post!

Dave Mercer

Hi Basserone,

Welcome to the board! 2 posts on the board and you wanna slam me seems a bit FISHY. Sorry dude I don't jump on this stuff often but easy on your trash talk!

[i]I had a hard time actually watching him, but he was bragging about the Mercer Magic crank bait. I do not have time for people who make a living from misinforming anglers into buying their products that might, and I mean might, have worked on that given day. The technology thay have today can allow them to chop, cut and edit the filming and the viewer has know way of knowing. Mercer might have caught one fish all day for all we know.[/i]

First of all I was not bragging I was telling people about a new color that works! I guess when I do a show on a Drop Shot or a show on live minnows and I tell you about that I'm bragging about live minnows?

As far as misinforming anglers and maybe only catching one fish on it that day give your head a shake. That is not what our show is about we are proud to show it like it is. Watch a few more times and I am sure you will see when I don't catch em we show it. All our shows are shot in one day and that is the point what really happens! Last season we showed me loseing a giant aligator gar on a show, get hooked in the butt on a show, try fly fishing for the first time on TV, catch 5 tiny bass and only one over 2 lbs one show, forget my rain suit and get soaked on a show, Oh ya and then there was the time I popped a jig of a rock the line broke and hit my lip almost giving me a fat lip! (Sorry that's from season 3) Now if we use this special technology you are talking about don't you think we would cover all this up!?

Take care and good luck on the water! Oh by the way if you don't think Mercer's Magic works why don't you check back on some of the old threads about it here or ask some of the members here.

Regards,

Dave Mercer

well said Dave! I still love you and your show! lol I did see the gar pike episode as well,lokks like you had a blast down there...

Keep up the great work; second tourney for me coming up in a few weeks! Gotta love your chigger craw recommendation..thanks

Rich

Hey Dave

Could ya rattle off a fishing resume for the people that have the impression that the hosts of fishing shows arent more then just pitchmen for sponsors...

Although i have only seen your show a few times ( or any fishing show for that matter) ...i do find it to be very entertaining ...meaning i love the twisted sence of humour you have ...much like mine.....keep it fun !!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance...

LMAO ...just what ya wanted to do on a Monday night ....write a resume ...!?!?

Edited by Twocoda

i think its great that fishing hosts have to give up all their secrets to the rest of us. you can brag all you want if it helps me bust a slump. guys go hard on pro anglers sometimes because lets face it WE WOULD ALL LIKE TO BE PRO ANGLERS.

Show's awesome. The Magic crankbait show is one of my favorites, it in real time. Damn, what show can you watch a pro lose bass, get hung up and show you how to get the bait out . Oh ya, a show without major editing and cutting. Keep it up Mr. Mercer!!

No kidding! Caught my 1st PIKE (and probably a PB; for awhile at least) out of LAKE ONTARIO using "Mercer's Magic"

Like its always been said... "Don't knock it, until you try it!"....

Awesome Show Dave!! :) Wish I could get my hands on MORE of your SIGNATURE LURES! :( I'm down to my last "Steak & Potatoes" (Yes, I've nicknamed my favorite lure)

I've caught a good amount of fish this year on his Sigature Series Lure....

2ndPikeEverCaught-1.jpg

This one is my PB PIKE (1st one ever caught) in LAKE ONTARIO.

PS: Don't knock me for how I'm holding it - My thumb is in the gill-plate... I'm not "bucketing" the fish like a Large-Mouth

1stPikeEverCaught1-1.jpg

I also caught this Brownie (also my "1st" fish) on an Mercer's Magic

IMG_0127.jpg

And this....

IMG_0125.jpg

And finally...

IMG_0128.jpg

Edited by A2F

Dave, it was obvious in your fly fishing episode that there was a stunt double and all kinds of funny camera work.

We all know you're just out there flogging sponser names and not doing any of this for the joy of it, or to help out the general public.

Oh, btw, all that charity work you do? (Dave Mercer’s Casting for a Cure comes to mind....) complete Bull man, we all know those charities just funnel the $$$$ back into Mr.Mercers bank account :)

I just don't get some people dude, your tops in my book man!!! (BTW that gar episode still kills me anytime I watch it)

i can't believe i'm talking to a real celebrity!!!!!!!

honestly, i don't like watching bass fishing shows, but i will watch yours, and enjoy it. I think it's your personna that i enjoy, unlike the standard US bass fishing show hosts.

One can tell you don't embellish during an episode, and speak sincerely.

Peace,

Tambo

I just love the fact that Dave has the character to personally respond. In addition to really enjoying your show, I admire you for saying your piece.

There alot I like about your show but I love the birdsnest intro. My son laughs hard every time it's on.

i think bassarone has a valid point. the majority of fishing shows today provide little value to viewers as an educational tool. most are simply glorified informercials for lures and lodges (many of which are not feasible for viewers to visit). they are edited (as all shows are) to portray the best material on air.

it is unfortunate that bassarone has chosen to single out a sponsor of this board but this conversation would be more constructive if ppl discussed the opportunities for fishing shows to improve their educational content rather than come to the rescue of a sponsor who has had his feathers ruffled. enough from dave's fan club - i'd much rather ppl tell him how to improve his show, have him consider the advice, and produce an even better show.

Edited by angrypigeon

Gotta love your chigger craw recommendation..thanks

Rich

Agreed and well said Dave,

As for this, i also got to thank Dave for that Chigger Craw shoot. Although I don't have them on that jig head you were using I use them on that Shaky Jig and they have been doing great.

MTBF

Edit*

Wheres the comeback reply from our friend Basserone....

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

This is a tough one and Im sorta glad I had more then a few beers before I typed this.

Cronz was what I considered a good friend until a few months back we had it out and seems we dont talk anymore these days so its tough talkin about him. If he reads this he knows my number and can call anytime, and a night at jakes is always in the mix

He is what he is loud, abnoxious, and well you agree or disagree with him over his thoughts but in the day he did a lot for fishing and lots of the things surrounding conservation today are owed to him. There might not be a coho program without him, chinook might have even fallen off the wagon without him in the day. These days though he is over the top and not making friends with his commentary and I understand the issues he has with sponsors due to his own personal demons these days. Regardless he deserves the respect for things he did in his hay day that still survived to this day. Josh is a class act all over, looking forward to crackin cans on the big head this year if we can again!!!

Mercer is a new breed and to be blunt is in my opinion going to be the one that brings bass fishing from its current perch today to the masses of the future, he will be the guy to turn bass fishing from the bleachers to the kitchen table, the guy has a hit and like it or not has an audience, he isnt having fireside chats but is actually taking the time to teach the masses on fishing...I"ll go on limb and say that Mercer will be the Cronzy of today, and will bring bass to the big picture just like Daryl brough salmon and trout to the us in his day.....

Only question is can Mercer put them back like good ole Cronz..... :thumbsup_anim: So Dave lets go put some shots back one night lol

Edited by aniceguy

Only question is can Mercer put them back like good ole Cronz..... :thumbsup_anim: So Dave lets go put some shots back one night lol

just watch out for the "floating yellow minnow bucket" the next day... ;):D

Dave's got the goods, the skill and the right way to talk to people on his show so maybe Basserone was using it under a bobber 10'away from where he was fishing so that's why it wasn't working? *insert Garry2r's gring here*

"Mercer's Magic"...

is this available in London Ontario ?

thanks...

From what I've seen/heard - its ONLY available @ BASS PRO SHOPS in VAUGHAN MILLS, ONT.

I once heard from a little bird, its apparently available @ a CT near you - then again, I think that's

all just "speculation"...

First off, Dave, I commend you for making this post, well said.

As for the Mercer's Magic colour, as far as I know it was exclusive to Bass Pro and I know for a fact Bass Pro doesnt carry it anymore. Dave may know how to get more, but I'm pretty sure it was a limited quanitity.