Who is polluting lake Ontario?

dsn

I took a walk over a bridge and saw this slight orange tinge in the water out towards lake Ontario. As the waves moves you can make it out ever so slightly. So I followed the trail. From the left of the this pic to the right was a orange tinge to it.

h7.jpg

h6.jpg

You can see it a bit to the top right corner of the pic. Just under the over hanging tree.

h5.jpg

What a mess ! Wonder if its paint?

h4.jpg

It was coming out pretty quick.

Here's a top view.

h3.jpg

h2.jpg

Closer look from the top.

h1.jpg

Poor us this is supposed to be our drinking water.

Oh by the way here's a carp from 2 days ago. Which I prefer to report about rather water pollution. Check out the hump on top of its head.. it must have banged it against something during the fight. :lol:

hump.jpg

DSN

Edited by DSN

Yep, I'd be calling the Spills Action Center on that one..........I hope you already did!!!!

If not, call them now..........tell me where that was and I'll call! That's nasty lookin stuff!!

To report an environmental emergency – a spill to air, land or water, or a drinking water incident:

Call the Spills Action Centre.

Toll Free: 1-800-268-6060

Tel: (416) 325-3000

Sinker

Edited by Sinker

Make sure you do call the spills action center and let them know exactly where you were. Also make sure to let them know that you have picture proof of what happened. Hopefully there is a good explanation but just in case make the call.

That looks like the Palace Place condo at the mouth of the Humber River. I think the only source of the outflow could be from the condo building...there's nothing else at the end of that road on the west side of the river. Wonder what the heck they are spilling into the lake? Sure looks unnatural.

That looks like the Palace Place condo at the mouth of the Humber River. I think the only source of the outflow could be from the condo building...there's nothing else at the end of that road on the west side of the river. Wonder what the heck they are spilling into the lake? Sure looks unnatural.

if this is the case then its prolly rusty sprinkler water... I once worked a sprinkler tech and that looks just like the water that came out of the pipes..

Found out it's not polluting if you have a permit...........at least that's what they do here in NYS.......and you can sell your polluting credits to another company if by chance you can't use them all up by your company......GO FIGURE....

Not that I'm an expert or anything, but it could also be a "dye" thats added to sewer lines to help trace them. I've seen it done a couple times in the Don

I also suppose it could be something to control mosquitos, but I don't remember that being orange.

Yeah, that's nasty!

Even if it is rusty sprinkler water, it shouldn't be dumped into the storm sewer.

The Storm Sewer water doesn't get treated and gets dumped right back into lake ontario as far as I know in Toronto <_<

Edited by EC1

So that's what McD's did to the "orange" drink when they got rid of it...

So that's what McD's did to the "orange" drink when they got rid of it...

I KNOW WHAT IT IS

Tang.gif

For a group of apparent outdoors people......I sure am glad to see how seriously you take something like this.

But yeah, a great percentage of you probably do drink that, so I guess you know what you are drinking now......or at least what colour it starts out as.

Edited by fish_finder