Finally picked up the new boat

lew

Nuthin worse than buying a new boat in February and not getting it till May, but the happy day finally arrived and I picked it up yesterday from Hastings Marine. They did an excellent job of rigging everything exactly the way I wanted it and the covers I ordered turned out fantastic.

I kept my Globalmap 7200 GPS and one color Lowrance sonar from my old boat for the consol, plus bought another identical sonar for the bow. There's also a factory installed flasher in the dash board but I doubt if I'll ever use it.

It was nice too cause the boat comes pre-rigged with a shoot thru hull transducer so I didn't have to worry about installing any skimmers on the back of the boat. Theres a couple temp sensors factory installed on the transom so that'll give me my temp readings

I also ordered the new 62" Fortrex bowmount, a MinnKota onboard charger and went with a 13 3/4 X 19 Yamaha stainless prop.

Cnv0334.jpg

Cnv0347.jpg

This is the mooring / travel cover

Cnv0348.jpg

And the full stand-up top

Cnv0338.jpg

Cnv0345.jpg

The Fortrex

Cnv0335.jpg

And the SS

Cnv0329.jpg

I'm really happy with the new ride and hopefully everything works out as well as I hope.

Diane and I are heading to the lake next Friday and we'll be gone till November so I'm gonna get lots of time to put it thru it's paces :Gonefishing:

Thanks boyz, I'm lookin forward to hitting the water with it.

Ziki, the old boat has been sold

brifishrgy, I only toll for muskies so I won't need the small motor and will stick with the 150

Holy crap. You must be planning on some big Muskies to need a hundred an fifty horsepower to troll for em.

Nice boat lew..and it sure is a purty prop. have fun with it

Oh my, that is one beautiful ride you got there Lew, looks like a great summer is in store for you and Diane..Sherrie will likely enjoy it too :) From the sounds of it you won't be going back and forth so much this year? Is Diane able to stay the whole summer now? If so that boats just icing on the cake huh :D

I hope you'll at least find the time to post a pic of the inaugural fish ...

Maureen

Thanks again folks !!

From the sounds of it you won't be going back and forth so much this year? Is Diane able to stay the whole summer now?

Maureen

Yup, Diane packed her job in permanentely last month Moe, so we'll be able to stay at the lake full time now. I told her the boat was her retirement present :thumbsup_anim: