Just Scored A WICKED Deal!

solopaddler

For a couple years now I've been forced to rent every time I did a canoe trip.

Yeah I've got a 16' squareback Sportspal, but that's not really a canoe for tripping...

Anyhow, I've known what I've wanted for a while now but coming up with the 3 thousand bucks to buy it isn't easy. :)

Earlier this week I was checking Kijiji and someone locally was selling the exact canoe I've wanted for a while now.

It was an older couple who had bought the craft 1 year ago and had used it ONCE. It's been stored indoors and doesn't have a scratch on it.

I stopped by for a look and offered him a crazy lowball offer which amazingly he accepted.

So....I get a canoe that retails new for $3000 plus tax for $1000. :thumbsup_anim:

(To get the $1000 bucks I managed to pawn off one of my float reels :) )

Here it is, my new baby: 16.6 Langford Prospector Kevlar canoe with ash gunnels and cherrywood thwarts, beam and seats.

It's got a sliding front seat and a kneeling pad with a contoured butt rest for soloing.

Also in the deal were 2 Langford paddles worth at least $100 bucks each and full set of new tie down straps.

Sweeeet!! (Can you tell I'm stoked?)

LangfordCanoe006.jpg

LangfordCanoe004-1.jpg

LangfordCanoe002.jpg

LangfordCanoe003.jpg

LangfordCanoe005.jpg

I'm headed to Algonquin next week so the timing couldn't have been better!!

wow... all i can say is wow.... i am thinking about calling the cops cause that is theft for $1000 bucks.... congrats mate. I hope you catch many brookies and may your lines always be tight... wow

Edited by Fudd

Poor elderly folks never even saw you coming! :o

Great looking boat Mike!

How about putting together an OFC trip? Lots of paddlers on this board.

Minden-Dorset area is prime for a trip right now.... as are many other areas, before the bug season starts.

Nice deal. What does she weigh. Would be glad to hit APP with you. Let me know if you need a bowman for your next trip.

Thanks everyone, it really was a great deal. :)

Nemo at some point we'll have to get out together, I know you're into this kind of thing as well.

Weight on the boat is 48lb's...very light and balances beautifully when carrying it.

The prospector is a fantastic design. It's a symetrical boat that's good for both flatwater and has enough rocker for whitewater.

I paddled this exact craft a couple years ago and fell in love with it. :)

Maybe he would have taken $500? :P

Don't think so. :)

The old boy wanted $1500 which was still a good deal, but I managed to talk him down.

I didn't steal it from him either, he knew exactly what he had there and what it was worth.

He just didn't care, wanted it gone.....

That is unreal! I'll be in the market for something similar this summer. I really like the pads for soloing. Do you know anything/ have any thoughts on the integrated trim that Swift is offering on some of their high end boats? Seems to me like theres a high likeliness to split and have water seep in, but I haven't seen them first hand to really say.

Great boat, and great deal, I hope you disturb a few "glassy" lakes on your way to those brookie holes.

That is unreal! I'll be in the market for something similar this summer. I really like the pads for soloing. Do you know anything/ have any thoughts on the integrated trim that Swift is offering on some of their high end boats? Seems to me like theres a high likeliness to split and have water seep in, but I haven't seen them first hand to really say.

Great boat, and great deal, I hope you disturb a few "glassy" lakes on your way to those brookie holes.

Interesting I don't know anything about the new integrated hulls on Swift boats, I'll have to check it out.

I previously have owned a 16' Swift Kipawa and a 17' Dumoine. Both fantastic boats but I shied away from another Swift as the service with those guys has always been brutal.