lake Simcoe ice "new photo"

Terry

well, I think one more good rain or if it's good and windy in about 2 days and we can say good by to the ice on simcoe

well most of the ice as it will be pushed to one side of the lake

here is what it looks like today

could be fishing Virginia beach already

lake-3.jpg

Edited by Terry

Still a month of good ice for us up here in Northwestern Ontario. After the beautiful weekend we just had up here, we are now getting pummeled by another late winter snowstorm.

Thats great news Tom.Santa will be so happy.LOL

Drove by Tiffen launch today and there was people simming

Tought you meant that drunken fool from the weekend Dave.LOL

as much as I would love to be still icefishing, you can keep the cold and snow up there...LOL

steelhedrmatt, nice to see people are getting out on cooks in a boat

some years back I was on cooks this time of year and the wind direction changed pushing the ice back down the bay stranding and my boat far away from where I put the boat in......always an adventure

as much as I would love to be still icefishing, you can keep the cold and snow up there...LOL

steelhedrmatt, nice to see people are getting out on cooks in a boat

some years back I was on cooks this time of year and the wind direction changed pushing the ice back down the bay stranding and my boat far away from where I put the boat in......always an adventure

Sounds familiar. I had the same thing happen up in the narrows. Nice and open in the morning running across the bay up into Couch. Came back and the bay was full of ice. Only took an hour to bust through the ice to get back to the launch. Normally about 5 minutes. :wallbash::canadian:

I had to take a run down to P'Boro this afternoon...went down via Bobcaygeon and up via Chemong Road to Bridgenorth and Buckhorn...

Pigeon is still frozen over at the north end but open mid lake to the bottom...

Chemong, upper and lower Buckhorns and Gannon's Narrows all appeared open from the roads...

Stopped down at our park and got out to take a look...our lagoon where we dock our boats is still half filled with ice and Tait's Bay is loosening up along the shoreline so another week should see it all gone...this is real early...I hope the crappies are not all finished and gone by opening up here 25th April (3 weeks) :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Edited by Beans

I had to take a run down to P'Boro this afternoon...went down via Bobcaygeon and up via Chemong Road to Bridgenorth and Buckhorn...

Pigeon is still frozen over at the north end but open mid lake to the bottom...

Chemong, upper and lower Buckhorns and Gannon's Narrows all appeared open from the roads...

Stopped down at our park and got out to take a look...our lagoon where we dock our boats is still half filled with ice and Tait's Bay is loosening up along the shoreline so another week should see it all gone...this is real early...I hope the crappies are not all finished and gone by opening up here 25th April (3 weeks) :dunno::dunno::dunno:

should be prime for opener...... Give that water a little time to warm up for us!