What do you drive ?

FISHINGNUT

Okay i have a question for you all. Does the chev silverado 4wd get the same gas milleage as the 2wd when its not in 4wd

The two wheel drive gets better mileage but I love having the option of throwing her in 4x4. A friend has one with the locking diff and a good set of tires and does pretty good with it.

2007 Toyota TUNDRA 4X4 Double Cab........ The truck that's changing everything

Truck.jpg

Changing Everything HAHAHAHAHA,what are they trying to make fuel mileage the worst in any fullsize,Toyotas first real fullsize hats off to them ,they gotta long way to go before they match the other 3s fullsize,lets see the service logs and mileage on these in 10 yrs then ya can talk change ,lets get them on the road construction sites,blasting supply trucks,or carrying slip tanks full of Fuel,give em to bushworkers beat em thru the logging roads to get to there slash ,give a few to the oil companys for a while Trans Canada and OJ pipeline let see how they fair,can they get grocerys yeah but what cant

Edited by North East Shark

Had this one for a little over 5 years. 1996 F150, last of the old style. Been one of the best I ever had although I miss my full size Broncos from the past.

But the pickup is much handier for hauling stuff. Saves hauling a trailer most of the time. She's got a 5.8 under the hood which is enough power for whatever I do with it. Just shy of 270,000 km and works great.

P1020346.jpg

carlsshack2.jpg

PS. Careful what you say about the Tundra NES.

Edited by Bernie

Changing Everything HAHAHAHAHA,what are they trying to make fuel mileage the worst in any fullsize,Toyotas first real fullsize hats off to them ,they gotta long way to go before they match the other 3s fullsize,lets see the service logs and mileage on these in 10 yrs then ya can talk change ,lets get them on the road construction sites,blasting supply trucks,or carrying slip tanks full of Fuel,give em to bushworkers beat em thru the logging roads to get to there slash ,give a few to the oil companys for a while Trans Canada and OJ pipeline let see how they fair,can they get grocerys yeah but what cant

If they're anything like the older compact pickups they'll be great. Except of course for the box. Tons of old toyota pickups down home have a homemade wooden box..lol.

Changing Everything HAHAHAHAHA,what are they trying to make fuel mileage the worst in any fullsize,
:blahblah1:

You must be watching those STUPID Chevy commercials that Chevy gets more per mile. Oh, wait you couldn't watch them yesterday if you were tuned in for the Super Bowl because Bankrupt Motors couldn't afford to advertise during the Super Bowl, neither could Dodge. :whistling:

Toyota had many adds during the game including some with TUNDRA. :thumbsup_anim:

Go to Consumer Reports and see who got the BEST REAL mileage from all the trucks they tested. It was the TUNDRA. :clapping:

BTW I get 19.3 with my BIG V-8 engine and it's a 4x4 double cab. And it will also out pull and out last ANY of the once big three manufacture trucks. This I have more money and time for :Gonefishing:

How long before they go crying to the government for more money ? ? ? :wallbash:

:blahblah1:

You must be watching those STUPID Chevy commercials that Chevy gets more per mile. Oh, wait you couldn't watch them yesterday if you were tuned in for the Super Bowl because Bankrupt Motors couldn't afford to advertise during the Super Bowl, neither could Dodge. :whistling:

Toyota had many adds during the game including some with TUNDRA. :thumbsup_anim:

Go to Consumer Reports and see who got the BEST REAL mileage from all the trucks they tested. It was the TUNDRA. :clapping:

BTW I get 19.3 with my BIG V-8 engine and it's a 4x4 double cab. And it will also out pull and out last ANY of the once big three manufacture trucks. This I have more money and time for :Gonefishing:

How long before they go crying to the government for more money ? ? ? :wallbash:

naaa no commercials here Life experiances only,I drive a 08 Toy ex cab long box 4x4 with the big almighty 5.7 ,it belongs to the boss but I get it when he dont need it,when working out of town, its terribly on fuel mind you it only has 15 th kms on it maybe its not broken in yet,it dont take much of a load to make it squat in the rear either,but oh well your happy with your choice have at er

BTW I get 19.3 with my BIG V-8 engine and it's a 4x4 double cab. And it will also out pull and out last ANY of the once big three manufacture trucks.

Big engine? check

Will pull out tree stumps? check

Gets 20mpg? check

Will make that poor Tundra run away with it's tail between it's legs? check

:)

Gloucester007.jpg

Edited by BillM

BillM,

I don't think any of the small three truck companies will beat the Tundra in a 1/4 mile race. With 381 hp 6 speed tranny and 4:30 rear end it's not even close.

Also isn't that a 2500 3/4 ton truck with what a diesel engine. If so you are now comparing apples to bananas.

I'll stick with my Toyota TUNDRA............ some might be forced to change when one of the small three run out of money again. Not a smart investment purchasing a product from a manufacture that might go belly up soon.

It's all in good fun :) Yeah, it's a 2500HD with a Duramax and the Allison 6spd.

1/4 mile wouldn't even be close, these trucks aren't made for drag racing, lol It falls on it's face when the digits get up there, but out of the hole with 650ftlbs of torque it's a monster.

I think anyone shopping a Tundra would be silly not to look at a truck like this also. Doesn't seem to much of a difference, even in the price range.

Okay i have a question for you all. Does the chev silverado 4wd get the same gas milleage as the 2wd when its not in 4wd

I've never noticed a difference in RPMs when i switch to 4WD.... I don't have a silverado though...

Here's mine...

00 Envoy 4.3 V6...

not enough power but it looks nice... LOL :whistling:

DSCF0001Large.jpg

It'll pull but could use more balls

It had enough balls to do this to the rear diff while pulling a bush out in 4 low...

DSCF1022Large.jpg

managed to explode my carrier and snap a 10,000lb towstrap in the process

Edited by Uncle Buck