What do you drive ?

FISHINGNUT

To a point EC.

The front axles are turning as well as the diff gears. Yes they are disengaged in 2wd hi but in AWD they are engaged.

There is also the extra weight involved in 4x4 equipped vehicles. So they do burn a little more fuel. Personally still would not buy a 2wd though. 4WD is great.

Talk all you want about domestics vs imports. Durability is the issue in my opinion. There is a reason the domestics are in trouble.

People are tired of buying poor durability. Ya ya....I know the the imports have issues too but not even close to the same amount and they are generally looked after right away without a fight.

Saddens me greatly to have to say it's true. :(

Edited by Bernie

BillM,

I don't think any of the small three truck companies will beat the Tundra in a 1/4 mile race. With 381 hp 6 speed tranny and 4:30 rear end it's not even close.

Generally what your average new age Tundra owner is concerned about... Pick up trucks are not made to be race cars. Your 4:30 rear end is not standard equipment but special option on only certain Tundra configurations. Don't even need to get into the fact the the Tundra has the weakest frame and leaf springs in the half tom class.

And just FYI the Tundra comes in about #3 on the hp list behind GMC 6.2l 403hp Seirra and the Dodge 5.7l 391hp Ram.

As for 6 speed trannys I think the only one that dosen't have one in there truck at the moment is Dodge with there 5 speed.

You beat Ford in HP but not in towing or hauling as they are still the class leader in the half ton market.

52000 F150's were sold in December of 08 in North America. 40000 GMC/Chevy. 29000 Dodge Rams. Toyota sold 9200 Tundras. The truck thats changeing everything???

Toyota may make a great car but they need alot of work on there trucks and it shows in sales numbers.

Takes a beating on the logging trails during hunting season and has yet to leave me stranded or stuck!!

post-339-1233514290_thumb.jpg

Love it dude!

I had no plans on purchasing an Xterra until I had one given to me for FREE!!! Thanks to "the boss", Dave Mercer. They wouldn't give him squat on the trade-in and I was truck-less so the rest is history... No worries though, it wasn't totally free, the government reached into my pocket and got their $850 cut on taxes... Apparently the black-book value is MUCH HIGHER than the trade in value.... :glare: It's a nice, tough little truck and with just over 200,000 km's I've been completely impressed with it's durability...

On a side note I got a pretty sweet deal on the G3 also... :whistling:

9.jpg

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Fusion, your numbers, if correct don't tell the whole story. Ford, GM and Dodge had some blow out prices on 2008 models which were significantly lower than Toyota's prices on the Tundra which would account for the higher sales numbers. If you're selling at below cost then it doesn't take too much logic to determine why the numbers are as they are, and why the domestics are losing their shirts.

I own a 2006 F150, FX4, 5.4L and recently I priced out a Tundra. Assuming I didn't get a dealer who really didn't have to sell any more trucks that month, the price I got was a lot more than I expected as compared to a new F150 similarly equipped. I don't disagree with others who've stated that reliability is an issue with domestics, although I haven't had any problems so far (72,000 kms). My opinion is that when buying a Tundra you are prepaying the repairs that would come up with the domestics....a 6 and one half dozen situation in my book. I love the looks of the new Tundra and would love to own one but I have to be prepared to pay a premium for it. As for mileage, a bigger motor will burn more fuel. I think Ford made a reasonable compromise between power and fuel economy with the 5.4L. I can't go as fast but it doesn't cost me as much to take my boat to the lake.

My 2 cents, CDN. :P

Generally what your average new age Tundra owner is concerned about... Pick up trucks are not made to be race cars. Your 4:30 rear end is not standard equipment but special option on only certain Tundra configurations. Don't even need to get into the fact the the Tundra has the weakest frame and leaf springs in the half tom class.

And just FYI the Tundra comes in about #3 on the hp list behind GMC 6.2l 403hp Seirra and the Dodge 5.7l 391hp Ram.

As for 6 speed trannys I think the only one that dosen't have one in there truck at the moment is Dodge with there 5 speed.

You beat Ford in HP but not in towing or hauling as they are still the class leader in the half ton market.

52000 F150's were sold in December of 08 in North America. 40000 GMC/Chevy. 29000 Dodge Rams. Toyota sold 9200 Tundras. The truck thats changeing everything???

Toyota may make a great car but they need alot of work on there trucks and it shows in sales numbers.

You are WRONG in almost ALL accounts. The 4:30 rear in is in FACT standard equipment with TUNDRA'S 5.7 L engine. Go to Toyota.com and build one for yourself and see. And the six speed tranny you're talking about only comes with the Deneli. :whistling:

Here's mine again....9.5 hwy goes anywhere ... cold air .. special Magnaflow custom exhaust...

Edge performance programmer..Performance Mass Air Flow Sensor ..Throttlebodyspacer.A Tornado for better mileage :wallbash: 392.6 Hp WHP...@ 4950 rpm...you roll it I'll smoke it. AWD prevents it from spinning on pavement.

Micky Thompson 33" Off Road Tires... 9.5MPG... the most I've ever got was 15 mpg...

I even bought it It's very own BBQ.

THE REASON I BOUGHT IT ' CAUSE I LIKED IT!!!!!!!! and still do !!!

As for the , Ford , Chevy & GM , Dodge, Toyota ,battle.

NOBODY WILL EVER WIN THE ARGUMENT!!!!

I sell parts for a living and have done so for a while now.. I've also spent 4 yrs under a hoist.

I've come to notice that the brand doesn't really matter nowadays.... they're all inferior products as their pre - decesors ....

What matters is how you maintain your vehicle.. let it be a Jetta or a Ford S/D F350 4x4 .

As for inherent problems ...Like a front end or tranny on a Chevy.. a tranny on a Dodge.. rear end on the Ford...Transfer case and Crankshaft on the Toyota?.... .

Some are better at doing this or that... but in the end none are really better than the rest.

Just my 2 cents.

RFS

:canadian:

I dont care what anyone says.

This truck here own by my pophunt08deer017.jpg is a testiment to the ford trucks.

Many deer hunts back in the bush,many moose hunts in the swamp on logging roads.

It,s a 95 and still runs and looks like new. He drives it everywhere.

I dont care what anyone says.

This truck here own by my pophunt08deer017.jpg is a testiment to the ford trucks.

Many deer hunts back in the bush,many moose hunts in the swamp on logging roads.

It,s a 95 and still runs and looks like new. He drives it everywhere.

ahhh yeah had a black Lariet work truck back in the day same yr same model ,351 had crazy power and the MOST comfortable seats I ever ridden in to date,we use to run from Dryden -Home about 14hrs and not even have a numb butt,Great trucks looks like Bernies

had crazy power and the MOST comfortable seats I ever ridden in to date

Ya got that right.

I dont care if Im stuck in the back seat.Very smooth driving truck.Just once in awhile we go OUCH,when we hit one of them high rocks sticking out.LOL

Next time Im up at pops I,ll get some more pics.

Did I ever tell you the story,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ah never mind,he,ll cuff me upside the head when he see,s me again.

Edited by misfish

:blahblah1:

You must be watching those STUPID Chevy commercials that Chevy gets more per mile. Oh, wait you couldn't watch them yesterday if you were tuned in for the Super Bowl because Bankrupt Motors couldn't afford to advertise during the Super Bowl, neither could Dodge. :whistling:

Toyota had many adds during the game including some with TUNDRA. :thumbsup_anim:

Go to Consumer Reports and see who got the BEST REAL mileage from all the trucks they tested. It was the TUNDRA. :clapping:

BTW I get 19.3 with my BIG V-8 engine and it's a 4x4 double cab. And it will also out pull and out last ANY of the once big three manufacture trucks. This I have more money and time for :Gonefishing:

How long before they go crying to the government for more money ? ? ? :wallbash:

Why do you act like a three year old slaming other brands?

You like yours, so what, that's YOUR problem. The tread was going just fine till you had to build up Toyota. Why do you need to do that? If it was such a great truck it would be flying off the showroom floors in North America. It's not, maybe that's why you need to build it up every time the subject comes up to make yourself feel better about the purchase in the first place.

Who cares about a TUNDRA commercials on TV. They all lie to sell product or haven't you figured it out yet.

Oh by the way the thing is a pig on gas, got one at work just like the picture. Can't tow a 4x8 trailer with foam in it without it all over the road. Boss can't wait for the lease to come up so he can ditch the thing, can't sell it no one wants it.

As for a work truck, look around any job site. In order of popularity Ford, Gm, Dodge. Haven't seen a Tundra other than ours, wonder why???

Hey Randy! Quite the running light you've got in that tracker, Bud.

Yes sure is ... cost me an arm and a leg to get that installed..overpasses are hard to negotiate. Deep Cycles aren't lasting I wonder if it's the brand.. .

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

You like yours, so what, that's YOUR problem. The tread was going just fine till you had to build up Toyota.

I have heard some good and bad.

Comfort was good,but the mpg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They suck. This is from the owners.

BTW,We just became new owners of a ford Focus sedan tonight. Shes now a FORD GIRL. :clapping::clapping::canadian:

It wont pull squat, but it will make it easy on the pocket. Now I need to see if the one piece rods will fit for them travels up north to pops.

Edited by Spiel

Comfort was good,but the mpg,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They suck. This is from the owners.

BTW,We just became new owners of a ford Focus sedan tonight. Shes now a FORD GIRL. :clapping::clapping::canadian:

It wont pull squat, but it will make it easy on the pocket. Now I need to see if the one piece rods will fit for them travels up north to pops.

Congrats Misfish good for you guys I cant wait till my 3yrs are up I want the new F150 haha

QUOTE(misfish @ Feb 2 2009, 08:27 PM)

BTW,We just became new owners of a ford Focus sedan tonight. Shes now a FORD GIRL.

Congrats Misfish good for you guys I cant wait till my 3yrs are up I want the new F150 haha

Oh the F150 is staying put.I tried to talk her into the Ranger,but hey,she,s paying the tab.LOL

Steve. To me a vehicle needs to be functional first and reliable second. Use to have big vehicle payments.....no more. Spend my money on more important things. Like a boat and motor ;) . Looks means little to me. Although I wouldn't mind having a 69 Camaro SS.