Smoker / Dehydrator

irishfield

Thought some of you may like this.... my youngest (20) daughter built this for her boyfriend for Christmas. It's up to him what he wants to do with it from here... put a heat source in it for dehydrating .. or get a smoker unit to attach to the side...or both. Seeing how nice this came out... kicking my ass I passed when she asked if I wanted one built as well ! :wallbash:

Edited by irishfield

Wayne, that's just a gorgeous piece of cabinetry. It reminds me of the plans I looked at in either OC or OOD magazine. She seems to be a very capable young lady. Goodonya, you have every right to be proud of her.

You don't need to ask her to make one for you. Just have the lucky guy marry her. Easy. Never mind, it looks like that's gonna happen anyway, no stoppin that train.

You have raised a very beautiful woman, who seems to have a huge heart... Lots of love went into the building of that smoker/dehydrator... evident in how well it turned out. That is one lucky man to have found himself such a thoughtful woman!

Merry Christmas

Jen

SHE.. has all the tools herself Matonnes! Some of mine creep to her end of my shop from time to time.... but generally she's asked for power tools for the last 4 or 5 years for Christmas/birthdays. Has her own table saw, router table, mitre saw.. etc.

She's a strange one it seems.... in third year Architectural Engineering and been building stuff from wood since grade 7 or 8. Built her Mother a roll top desk for Christmas about 4 years ago.

desk.jpg

Edited by irishfield

You've raised up a mighty fine daughter. I'd be as proud as a peacock with a daughter so talented ( mine's pretty creative too). Hard part is making sure the guy she pairs up with is worthy. I'm surprised the young hounds on OFC aren't lined up banging on your door.

I use a variation of the "parents rules for dating" quite frequently.

that's sure is one excellent piece of work there, are you sure if you had one you would want to actually use it??..maybe you could get one..keep yours clean, and use his :thumbsup_anim: ..you should start making fun of that boy a bit more if your daughter has to clean his fish for him too...I wouldn't let him in your boat if I was you :lol:

You've raised up a mighty fine daughter. I'd be as proud as a peacock with a daughter so talented ( mine's pretty creative too). Hard part is making sure the guy she pairs up with is worthy. I'm surprised the young hounds on OFC aren't lined up banging on your door.

I use a variation of the "parents rules for dating" quite frequently.

haha :clapping::whistling:

I wonder where all my power tools went. I bought a router, tablesaw, jointer, etc. Must be buried under my paintball guns and extra framing tools.

Edited by Mattones