Help me beta test a new site..

TJQ

Ok.. for the past two weeks, I've been dinking around and adding lodges to my new site that takes advantage of the new google maps system.

Its pretty finicky stuff and I'm about 80% done, but before I launch it I sure would like to give it a test drive, so I thought perhaps I could get some constructive (LOL) critisism here... have a look when you get a chance and let me know what you think and where I could improve usability...

have a look see...

http://www.ontariooutfittersnetwork.com

Oh... a couple that are really awesome to zoom in on are Kesagami and Bow Narrows Lodges.. check them out.. the resolution is INCREDIBLE...

NOOOOOOO, 3x blue screen of death, 3x error reporting messages to MSN and finally had to plull the plug from the wall to reboot, not ever touching that one again, sorry.

Well being the curious type, I gave it one more try, I got as far as geting to see Glen Echo Cottage site, backed out, then stuck again, maybe some setting or something in my computer that's doing it. I'll try at work tomorrow night.

Edited by Fisherman

Works fine with Netscape, all those balloons, couldn't find your house..LOL

Why is everything above North Bay????

I didn't know there was anything south of North Bay....

LOL... Pat the site is to promote my northern Ontario Clientele... hence the Northern Ontario Outfitters, Lodges and Resorts Map.

Thanks for giving it a whirl.. Glad it didnt blow your machine up!!

Even I could figure it out after a bit and it looks pretty good Although I did notice that Pine grove resort is spotted in the wrong area.

vance

Thanks Vance... Im still fine tuning some of the resorts locations... Thats the thing with the googlemaps.. they have to be right on da money!!

Worked okay for me as well, although I found the balloon icons to be bunched a little too close together in spots. Not sure how you'd do it differently, but I found it mildly annoying.

Also, is the purpose of the site to, as you say, "promote your clients businesses", or is it to assist the average joe in trip planning? If it's the latter I'd recommend some kind of feedback forum where people could leave positive or negative criticism for any of the lodges, camps or outposts they've been to. A direct reference from someone who's actually been to a location you're considering is priceless and is without a doubt the best means of making an educated choice....Over time I'm sure you'd be able to accumulate a pretty large data bank of useful feedback....

Anyhow, it's just a thought.

cheers, Mike

Nice work! Checked it out and it worked just fine. Using Windows XP, Firefox 5.0

Took me a bit to figure out what happened when I clicked on a link when the map wasn't visible...had to scroll up to see it...

Only suggestion would be to have the page auto scroll to the top once you click on a link below.

Great work!

Ya.. a couple of things.. Im hoping (if I can get the code to work) to have it go back up to the map and zoom in once a link is clicked.. thats probably the last thing on my to do list. And solo.. I make my dough by promoting a specific set of clients.. my job is to get Joe Fisherdude to one of the lodges I promote... no more no less... This forum gets losts of reports, both good and bad during fishing season as well..