Music survey..(NF)

bigfish1965

real hard heavy metal crap, punk, hardcore and old school hip-hop

fave bands: queens of the stone age, clutch, rev horton heat, sick of it all, agnostic front, wu-tang clan, napalm death

underrated: clutch

Classic Rock, 'most everything really except for gangsta rap!

ACDC

Pink Floyd

Deep Purple

Who

Zepplin

Queen

Eric C

Kim Mitchell

Tom P

The Hip in concert..

Most overrated band......Stones, with the exception of Keith Richards.

real hard heavy metal crap, punk, hardcore and old school hip-hop

fave bands: queens of the stone age, clutch, rev horton heat, sick of it all, agnostic front, wu-tang clan, napalm death

underrated: clutch

QUOTED FOR EMPHASIS, Clutch is crucial, def underrated thats 4 sure

Im surprised no mention of Cream or the Band

Edited by hellfish6

Well right now on my MP3 player I have;

Tool

Van Halen

Offspring

Cheap Trick

Boston

the Tubes

Green Day

Teenage Head

Collective Soul

Nazareth

Most over rated band by far...U2! You could also count in this catagory; The Hip, Coldplay

Most under-rated band ... Stompin Tom Connors!

HH

Favorite Genre - Classic Rock and Good Country (no songs about sick kids or religion)

Favorite Band(s) Big & Rich, Travis Tritt, Blues Bros.

Most Underrated - Corb Lund Band (Time to switch to whiskey - great tune)

Hookset

Anyone like Saga? ie: Tonight I'm on the Loose.

Yeah...I have a few Saga albums...In Transit was a great one! Saw them live at Univ of Western Ontario back in the late 80's....not billed as saga...it was the singer, keyboardist and guitarist. They played Saga tunes all night though.

What Spiel said. Wow the Meat Puppets, and Mepps too.

Plus Zeppelin, The Clash, Beck, Billy Bragg

Anyone like the Northern Pikes?

Some I want to hear again after seeing them in this thread.

Teenage Head, its been a long time.

Underated ... lots but how bout Liz Phair and Mazzy Star (see Down in the Valley with Ed Norton)

BUT I can't believe noone here has said Gordie Lightfoot ....shame...

Fave music styles:

Classic Rock, Alternative, Punk, BLUES, Old Motown, Hip Hop, Dancehall + Conscious Reggae, Ska, R&B, Pop, New Country.... I should have just said anything that sounds good!

Fave artists:

Aerosmith, U2, GNR, Zepplin, AC/DC, Lynard Skynard, Queen, Metallica, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Ramones, Dropkick Murphys, Linkin Park, Simple Plan, NIN, BB King, Eric Clapton, Blues Brothers, Ray Charles, Al Green, Barry White, The Supremes, Temptations, Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, The Commitments, Booker T and the MG's, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, ZZ Top, War, Pink Floyd, Nickleback, Evanescence, Creed, No Doubt, Big Sugar, Maxi Priest, Shaggy, Sean Paul, Sanchez, Beenie Man, Buju Banton, Bob Marley, Sasha, James Brown, Sly and the family Stone, Kool and the Gang, Erykah Badu, Kanye West, Fugees, Tupac, Biggie, Snoop, Dr Dre, Eminem, Black Eyed Peas, Outkast, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Madonna, Shania Twain, Garth Brooks, Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Dwight Yokam, Rascall Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Dallas Green, Neverending White Lights, Coldplay..... the list goes on and on...

Most underrated bands:

I was going to say the Dropkick Murphys but someone beat me to it.. I guess I'll go with The Commitments. In the early 90's there as a book about a Soul band in Northern Dublin, Ireland, which didn't get very far outside of their hometown. There was a movie with soundtrack based on the book, which were both quite successful and a "real band" formed from some of the principal actors in the film. The Commitments still tour today, their show is a compilation of songs from the movie as well as some all time soul classics.

Edited by ~CK~

I'm on a real americana/folk kick lately...

Guy Clark

Steve Earl

Townes Van Zandt

Ontario's own Fred J. Eaglesmith - my fav.

Corb Lund Band is definitely underrated. They're great.

Love the Hip! This saturday in Sudbury will be my 36th time seeing them live.

I'm surprised to see how many ppl are into the Metal/hard stuff. Interesting. Whatever floats your boat.

I'm surprised to see how many ppl are into the Metal/hard stuff. Interesting. Whatever floats your boat.

I really got hooked on it this year.. at first I couldnt stand the screaming but the talent on the guitars is just mind blowing on some of those bands.

I like: some classical...(Luciano Pavarotti, Josh Grobin, Il Divo)

some Folk...(Peter, Paul and Mary, Etc.)

some country...(Willie Nelson, Johnie Cash, Etc.)

Some big band era...(The Dorsey Bros, Benny Goodman Etc.)

Some contemporary...(Lee Anne Rhimes, Celine Dion, Rita MacNeill)

some old time rock...(Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Beatles)

and I agree, Stompin' Tom Connors is underated as is Gordon Lightfoot

What do you want from an old guy...LOL

I was never into Hi Fi or stereo...as long as I had a radio I was happy...

Favourite Genre:- Folk

Favourite Band(s):- Altan, Battlefield Band, Clannad, Chieftains, Flook, Patrick Street................ not forgetting those fine Canadians, The Rankins.

Got fed up with the popular music scene when it became "over" electronic and traditional instruments along with the ability to play them was lost!

Known by my workmates as "squeeky door music" :lol:

Mick.

My Music

Favorite Genre - Classic Rock and Good Country (no songs about sick kids or religion)

Favorite Band(s) Big & Rich, Travis Tritt, Blues Bros.

Most Underrated - Corb Lund Band (Time to switch to whiskey - great tune)

Hookset

Glad to see I am not the only Corb Lund fan... Time to swithc to whiskey's good but hes got so many good ones... Hair in my eyes like a highland steer, five dollar bill.... Big & rich are on my top 5 ... dont like Brooks & Dunn? I like them too...

Lots less country fans than I wouldhave expected though... :(

High school daze. Wow lots of Goddo fans,me too.How about Frank Soda?Exploding the tv on his head night after night.Zon?Coney Hatch?Copper Penny?Even saw Rush in a high school, Etobicoke C.I.

Also saw Max Webster and Triumph.Man betcha todays kids don't get acts like that to high school "dances" anymore.

A class mate in first year was Triumph's road manager. Still have the free audiophile album he gave me.

Good 'ol Franky...anything for a laugh.

Okay Rick...this threads kept the cabin fever down...what's next before that "poll" thread I see that just popped up gets out of hand? LOL

Edited by irishfield