Can I boast

misfish

Some here know of my wieght loss and getting back to fit shape.

Well the last two weeks I have been hitting the gym(the golf thing just wasnt doing it LOL)

Just to tighten up that little extra skin thats hanging around. :whistling:

1/2 hour on the tread mill,1 hour push,n the weights and a 1/2 hour in the pool doing laps.

The pool is a great way to lean out fast.

Eating the right foods,staying away from the fried stuff. Lots of fruits and veggies and fish.

Well todayI wieghed myself for the first time in a month and have gone from 228lbs in January down to 189 lbs today.

Also went from a 40 to a 36 waist. :thumbsup_anim:

I just had to share as I feel like a new person.

Now if I could just stop these damn smokes.

Anyone tried this electro theropy?

Everyone have a super day.

Edited by misfish

Brian old buddy pal of mine...

STOP PUTTING THEM IN YOUR MOUTH AND DON"T GIVE INTO THE CRAVINGS !!!

Simple eh?...You notice I didn't say it was easy but if you really want to quit you will succeed...

BTW...Congrats on the weight loss...now I got three good examples to look up to...

Edited by Beans

Anyone tried this electro theropy?

Yes, me. I lasted a whole 36 hours before I lit up again. That said, my brother in-law went 4 to 5 months before he lit up again. For him he was not out money because of the money he saved not buying smokes. He went to the one in Barrie, I went to the one in Mississauga and when we spoke about it, what they did for me and what I was given was NOTHING like what he did.

You have to want to do it for you and not for anyone else. I was pressured into it and I was not ready to quit so that's why it didn't work for me.

Congrat's on the weight loss too!

Brian, way to go bud! That's awesome....

I'm in the 265# club, gained 40# when i quit the cigarettes a few years ago. I can't do any running or anything that pounds on my knees and ankles, (too much abuse on the soccer field), I must try the swimming though.

Quitting the smokes is a different story. After a few days the physical addiction calms down. The biggest problem, at least for me, was the association of cigarettes with every aspect of my lifestyle. Pick up the phone (light a cigarette), get in the car (light a cigarette), have a beer (light a cigarette), pour a coffee....................well, you get the idea. Change your daily habits and it will be easier.

Guest Johnny Bass

Congratulations on the weight loss!! I need to lose about 15-20lbs too! Now that we are getting older, it is very important for us to watch ourselves. I guess it is now time for a new wardrobe!

Hey Bri, I think I found the weight you lost. It's in mah belly!

Can I have your fat-guy clothing? lol I love the Bowflex Commercial where the skinny dude talks about how he gave his fat guy clothing to his fat friends... nice guy.

Congrats on the weight loss. I lost 15 lbs on the weekend, three 4 lbers and a 3... :D

Charles

Congrats on the weight loss, eating fish lots of veggies and fruit is probably helping alot.

Even if you quit smoking, eating a lot of fish and veggies will keep the weight down and help lessen your chance of heart attacks, cancer, diabetes etc...

Quitting the smokes is a different story. After a few days the physical addiction calms down. The biggest problem, at least for me, was the association of cigarettes with every aspect of my lifestyle. Pick up the phone (light a cigarette), get in the car (light a cigarette), have a beer (light a cigarette), pour a coffee....................well, you get the idea. Change your daily habits and it will be easier.

Quit smoking May 1st myself and found it wasn't the nicotine i was addicted to but the physical movements involved in smoking. take a cast (light a cigarette), after eating a meal (light a smoke), go outside (light a smoke) just like John outlined above.

Squid put up a great thread on quitting smoking it helped me. I just quit without Champix.

Congrats and good luck,

ehg

Also went from a 40 to a 36 waist. :thumbsup_anim:

Well done Brian!

I've been working on it as well. From a 46" at some point last year. In the last week, my wife picked 3 pairs of shorts from Giant Tiger for me. First pair, a 44 that fell off me. Second pair, a 42 that I could put on without unbuttoning. Third pair, a 40 that fits loose and I still need a belt. This is more encouraging than a scale.

I was recently diagnosed Diabetic and I have been watching my food intake for sugar and carbs. Recording what I eat and when I eat combined with glucose testing really paints a picture of the effect some foods have on me. One thing I've learned, nothing good can come from a drive-thru.

So far the weight loss has come from diet but eventually I'll reach a plateau and have to introduce regular excercise outside of my normal physical activity. I do dred the thought of going to a gym but I'm hoping it won't be as taxing at 270 then the 320 I started at. I have a long road ahead but I've already noticed more energy and less back pain. Oh, and chics dig me. ;)

congrats!

patrick, nothing wrong with that 265 club..

I'm looking forward to it!

As for the smoking, we all gotta have one vice don't we :lol:

I have to choose between addiction to sex and smoking?

Where's my bic?

-Brian

p.s. Charlesn, I hope to gain 15lbs this weekend on Simcoe, 2 4lbers and a 3lber!

[quote

While I agree that there is a perception of association between smoking and these activities, I think that being able to quit lies in the realization that it is just a perception. Ask yourself how the all of the people who don’t smoke do these things everyday. You will quickly see how silly it is to think that they can’t be done without a smoke. The only activity that does need to change is hanging out in the smoking area. You will quickly find that without the smokes, you have substantially less in common with the sidewalk dwellers.

I think that attaching negative images to smoking will make it easier to quit, or in the same vein, attaching positive images (i.e.: my clothes stink if I smoke/how great I smell if I don’t smoke)

I quit 14 years ago (personally, the logic of the patch system worked for me, slapped it on and never had a craving, still haven’t).

And when you do quit remember that the minute you quit, you are a non-smoker, not a smoker taking a break or cutting down. And don’t ever fall into the “I just have a cigar on the golf course” trap, you will be fooling yourself.

Clearly you are into self-improvement, good luck, and nice job on the weight loss.

Thanks all.

I will be working on the smoking thing. If I could just get the mrs,s to cut down to,it would be alot easier.

Hey Brian,Awesome drop in the waist line. Are you sure it,s the waist,or is the hind end thats shrunk. L M A O

Oh, and chics dig me.

Just dont have your wife around when they say,your looking good. :wallbash::angry:

If you know what I mean.

Maybe we could start an

OFC BIGGEST LOSER :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by misfish

Congrats on the weight loss! One tough climb for sure..as far as the smokes goes....the patch,nicorette ect..none of these work cause they all have nicotine in them!!

Mark my words...read this book..honestly, I know it sounds like an infomercial but it worked for me and ALL but 1 person I have told to try it..5 so far!

its called "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr

He tells you to smoke while you read it

The challenge..buy a fresh pack of butts,and start reading...betcha you not only finish the book; but you quit smoking before the pack is done! Feel great to throw away 7 bucks worth of smokes!

Worked for me..been 2 yrs now!

Now if I can only get that twinkie outta my mouth. ;)