Girlfriend's BIG Bass

MuskyBill

Here's two recent Largies that were weighed...

Scott's 5.1 lb'er...

Scotts51.jpg

Garry's 5.5 lb'er...

Garrys55.jpg

Being the Musky folk that we are, we only measured this bucket she got on a Topraider on Sunday night. It came in at 21.5", but was pretty heavy.

I told her it was at least 5 lbs., but maybe the Bass experts here on OFC could give us a better idea.

So, how heavy was this Largie?

aTaniaBIGBass2.jpg

aTaniaBIGBass.jpg

She just bested her PB by half an inch, after last years 21"er...

Tanias21Bass001Small.jpg

When I first opened this thread up and saw a picture of Scott, I almost choked on my coffee. Thought he was your girlfriend....LOL.

As far as your g/f's bass....what an awesome catch!! I have no idea how big it is...only that it could eat my personal best bass for breakfast. It's girth is so impressive, it may have done just that...LOL.

Congrats all around!

Guest Johnny Bass

6+ and the last one is about 5 lbs. That is the third 6+lb bass I have seen from Scugog. Like I said. There are some big bass in the bog.

How is the Musky fishing on the bog anyways? Haven't seen too many big ones pulled out this year.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Right on Bill, your girlfriend's fish is a hog!

Mike's fish is bigger, but he's not as pretty.

I remember John and I working the spot in that shot, but we somehow got distracted and you guys mozied on over and pulled out 2 beauties, one of them the largest buckets I'd ever seen! LOL

Good to have a post from you. Hope all is well.

HD

Great guesses, guys, she'll be tickled to hear!

JohnnyBass, great guess with The Bog, but t'werent The Bog this time. Close though.

Goose Bay, Sturgeon Lake.

The Bog's too tough to fish at night by this time of year, what with all of the floating weed mats & such. In June, you can cast & hear a 'splash', but by mid-July you only hear a 'splat'.