Trigger finger surgery (NF)

Daplumma

I am going in tomorrow morning for surgery to fix trigger finger on my right ring finger.Anyone had it done?How quick was the recovery?I know what the doctors have said but would like to hear from people who have had the surgery.

Joe

Good luck tomorrow!!! I have instances, when my hands are cold mostly, where I'll straighten a finger, put a little tension on it and then it freezes in the open position. It takes a lot of massaging to get it flexible again. There is no popping sound when it goes back. I suppose I should go get that looked at. Problem is it happens maybe once a month.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!!!

What the heck!!! :dunno: Why wasn't I told aboot this up on the West Arm??? I coulda fixed it for you up there... out in the boat even! :w00t:

Hope all goes well and you get back to finger banging in record time!

... can't be any worse than the knee surgery stuff.

Yes I had the surgey Daplumma.

I was in/out of the surgery in les than 15 minutes. the longest part of the whole thing is waiting for the freezing to take.

Recovery was fairly short too as I recall. Keep you finger rested in the splint that they will put it in and you should be back to normal in a week or two. It will feel much better before that, but back to new in two weeks.

Cheers and let us know how it goes

Craig

I had 'TRIGGER THUMB' fixed almost 20 years ago . . . it had become quite bothersome & painful, to the point it was giving me trouble holding & sorting mail. I'd never been in a hospital before, and I considered it MAJOR surgery!! Watta a big chicken-crap I was . . . it took 15 minutes to freeze it, perhaps another 15 to 'fix' it, an hour to sit in the 'recovery room,' and I went home with 2 stitches. It throbbed a bit for about a half day . . . I had a splint on it for a week, took it easy for another week, and that was it. At the time the doctor said it should do me for at least 15 years before I MIGHT get any recurrance . . . it's been 20 & counting.

My best advice is to mark which finger your getting operated on and make sure its the right one. I got my knee operated on last year and didnt mark it and they did the wrong knee. Theres nothing like waking up with the Dr telling me he operated on the wrong knee. So he did both. Now Im looking for a good lawyer. Thats my only advice, mark the finger well.

My best advice is to mark which finger your getting operated on and make sure its the right one. I got my knee operated on last year and didnt mark it and they did the wrong knee. Theres nothing like waking up with the Dr telling me he operated on the wrong knee. So he did both. Now Im looking for a good lawyer. Thats my only advice, mark the finger well.

Yeah!

Take the red ribbon from around the goats neck and tie it around your finger!!!

Thanx for the well wishes and replies.I have had 3 Cortizone shots in the finger in the last year and a half but it is a very temporary fix.If I make a fist I have to pull the finger straight and it makes a popping noise and hurts like h*ll.Down here they write where they are going to operate on the patient with a magic marker.I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Joe

I had the same operation on my right thumb about 6 years ago.It was quick and quite painless.The whole thing took about 20 minutes or so.The part I hated was the shot of quartazone the doctor gave me to tied me over until my operation.Now that hurt.Have no fear it will be all over before you know it and in about two weeks you will be good to go.

Dan

I had the same operation on my right thumb about 6 years ago.It was quick and quite painless.The whole thing took about 20 minutes or so.The part I hated was the shot of quartazone the doctor gave me to tied me over until my operation.Now that hurt.Have no fear it will be all over before you know it and in about two weeks you will be good to go.

Dan

Pretty soon you will have to redo the throttle fingers for the Bike not sure about the boat though as we don't see any fish pics from you anymore :whistling:

Well Joe heads in this mornin for the operation with Becky driving so I know it will be done right. I will post after he gets home to tell you if he is still high and giggling like a school girl or just a bump on the log.

Good luck Joe.

Art

I will post after he gets home to tell you if he is still high and giggling like a school girl or just a bump on the log.

Good luck Joe.

Art

....Yes please keep us posted Art. I'm guessing it won't affect his typing abilities. :D

....Yes please keep us posted Art. I'm guessing it won't affect his typing abilities. :D

Who knows Chris, it might improve it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, wouldn't happen, couldn't happen. Could it????????????//...........time will tell.

Hope everything goes well Joe, and you are happily painting deer in the near future.

I guess Becky is gonna be operating the paintball gun for the next few weeks?????

Hope the surgery helps your trigger finger problem.

I have been told by my orthopedic doctor that a cortisone injection in the finger is quite painful, at least that is what he told me when I went to see him about one for my 2 trigger fingers so I walked away to try and live with it. Somedays they are really bad, especially in the morning.

But you probably know this for fact after 3 shots! :w00t:

Best of luck Joe.

Is trigger finger another name for Dupuytrens disease? I have had the lump on my hand for about 3 years now, I'm just wondering how long it usually takes for the hand to start curling up.

good luck with your sugery.

Edited by DANIMAL