Got my replacement boat

Grimace

They say a happy customer will tell a few people and an unhappy customer will tell everyone who will listen. Well I am going to break that trend.

Me and my Father went splitsies on a new boat in 2006. We Loved the boat the design, the width, the everything. We purchased it at the boat show and where a little hesitant from buying from a dealer in Havelock as we are from Guelph. Its quite a hike for service. But we liked the boat we liked the dealer, and the boat show spricing was good. We went for it.

Captain2.jpg

I loved that boat. But we did get a bit of a lemon. Paint fell off the hull the first week-end out. Our dealer Rick was wicked. he got them to pay for a new paint job from a custom paint shop in Peterborough area, and squeezed 500 dollars cash out of them to boot. ( Rick is our dealer. And "them" being Lowe boats )

Anyhow, we thought that was pretty slick. The paint turned out to be beautiful. In the next 2 seasons we logged 300 hours on our engine and fished pretty near every week-end.

Late fall 2007 the boat developed a small crack in the hull. ( not on or near welds ) . They fixed it in the spring by spot welding ect ect. didn't work out. The boat started leaking again.

The whole time Rick told us not to worry he would get them to do the right thing. He said give him a few weeks. I was off working 7 days a week in Alberta. And now I work 7 Days a week in Goderich. So my dad and Rick handled it.

And Handle it Rick did. He put the screws to Lowe and even threatened to start selling other boats. He sells a lot of boats so they said to Rick " we want to make you and your customers happy. " What is it we can do to make you happy."

Rick got them to send a brand new boat up with a brand new trailer to boot. They switched our 06 motor and electric trolling motor over for us and Voila. You have one super happy customer.

This might sound spammy but I have no vested interest in this except to give some good press to a guy that worked his tail off for us.

Rick Rodo at Upper Canada Marine will be selling me my next boat after this one.

The New Boat

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

The old boat. I am going to miss her. I fished in her in the Detroit River, Lake Erie, Niagara River, Lake Ontario, Bay of Quinte, the Whole French River, Nippissing, Marten River, The West Arm, Georgian Bay, lots of memories in 2 years.

Algonquin park for lakers

IMG_1076.jpg

Bay of Quinte

IMG_0759.jpg

West Arm

IMG_0841.jpg

Looking forward to new memories in my new hull. This isn't Spam. I am just a happy customer.

Cheers Folks

Cudos to them for the quality that they brought your way I know of way to many places that would not fight for you and you would be left high and dry.

I dont plan on getting another boat but if I ever do and can remember who they are I will look them up.

I forgot to mention that Rick is more than an avid bass fisherman, fishes tournaments and stuff. He missed Bass opener to wait for my father to pick up boat. That must have been painful. I would skip my own wedding if it was on Walleye opener.

I should also say a big Cheers to Lowe boats as well. They made things right. I do love the boat it is really wide, handles the water great. I have also talked to other Lowe owners on the water and we seemed to be the only ones with those problems. So I would have to say the boat was just a lemon and it shouldnt reflect to heavily on there product. There is lemons in every make. So Cheers to Lowe as well.

Grimace, very glad to hear that your exceptional experience turned out positive. That is great customer service that could lead to more sales for the dealer and Lowe.

i almost bought one of those but ended up with a crestliner

Barg, I believe Crestliner and Lowe hulls are the same on most if not all models.

Edited by pikehunter

I just got home from the lake and this was the 1st post I read.

I've known Rick for many years, infact way back to his days at Whitewater and he's one of the most honest and sincere boat dealers you'll find anywhere in Ontario and it's great to see him getting the excellent publicity here on OFC.

Always nice to see the good guys getting put in the limelight !!