NEVER cheat in a fishing Tournament!

Wendel

Found this on another board which led to this article.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...PStory/National

I don't know what this guy was thinking, he was named angler of the year for his fishing club, wonder if they are going to strip him of his title lol

Supposedly all to impress a girl(his wife at that)

What an :asshat: Wondering when the club will call that "emergency meeting" to deal with this clown. There were a couple of guys in a bass tourney a few years ago that got caught for caging fish. Banished from tournaments forever. This guy should be getting that and ousted from the club from his peers at the very least. As for the legal charges, not sure about jail time or not but several hours of community service with the MNR, lake/river clean up or stocking programs?? Loss of his fishing licence wouldn't be a bad idea as well.

weird that they would catch it. In my opinion, 1# difference in a fish would be very hard to detect by eyeballing it. Salmon weight to length ratios have huge variations, some fish are very thin while others can be very fat, there's even a huge difference between male and female. One pound is the difference between a fish that just ate something and one with an empty stomach. Anyways, in most of the big prize derbies i enter, the fish are always cut open after the official weigh-in so nobody is tempted to try this...not with lead anyways.

As a tournament angler, cheating is a slap to my face as well as every other angler who puts his time and hard earned money on the line! Good for Andy for dealing with this the way it should be dealt with-the law- fraud is fraud! Impress his wife? give me a brake! shouldve stuffed the weight in his pants!