What are your favorite fishing spots?

I can't believe no ones hammered this guy!? I thought this was OFC, 8 posts and he wants to know our favourite lakes??? :wallbash:

unbelievable! :clapping:

Everybody's in a good mood for a change. Must have been out fishing a few times. :canadian:

Pointe Au Baril Ontario(Georgian Bay), French River( Northeast of highway 69?), Findlay Lake New York, Chautaqua Lake New York, Presque Isle Pa. East Harbor(off Lake Erie, Ohio) Sandusky Bay (off Lake Erie, Ohio), Black River(north of Elyria Ohio, trib of Lake Erie), Berlin Lake(Ohio), Milton Lake(Ohio), Clear Fork Lake(Ohio), Ladue(Ohio),West Branch(Ohio), Alum Creek(Ohio) West Harbor(Off Lake Erie), various shoreline areas of Lake Erie between Cleveland and Sandusky Ohio, and a million or so other places I haven`t fished.

I found a really hot spot once, so I figured I should mark the location. Since I haven't a GPS or any other such devise at my disposal I just pulled out my trusty Sharpie pen and drew a big "X" on the starboard side of my boat. Funny thing is, I just can't find any more fish where that X is.

Hey i just started fishing a weekend ago and i just wanted to know where i can go to fish since i enjoyed it so much...i didn't know asking a simple question like this would be so difficult to answer. I thought the purpose of using this forum was to ask questions and help each other out. To those who answered it maturely, thank you!

Hey i just started fishing a weekend ago and i just wanted to know where i can go to fish since i enjoyed it so much...i didn't know asking a simple question like this would be so difficult to answer. I thought the purpose of using this forum was to ask questions and help each other out. To those who answered it maturely, thank you!

Everyone here is all for helping and answering questions, but you have to understand that many people have dedicated a lifetime to finding and learning their own secret spots, myself inlcluded. Asking for these spots is considered untactful. I put in years of research for every spot I fish. You are naive to think that people are willing to provide this information. It's akin to standing on Bay Street and asking every passerby what their salary is.

I didn't think he asked for your 'secret spots'... What is the harm in telling him 'Yeah, I was up at lake X last week, caught some nice pickerel in about 4ft of water using a white twister tail'

Simple way of providing the guy with a little help without divulging your honey holes.

BTW, your secret spots are most likely alot of other people's secret spots :)

Little Vermilion, shallow water.

Right on Clive, just last week as a mater of factly. Pick a bay any bay. Pick a creek any creek.

This week even seems better from what I've heard.

Edited by Whopper

Welcome to the board, my fav is Lake Simcoe. It's got pretty much every species, LM Bass, SM Bass, pike, musky (limited), walleye(limited), perch, whitefish, lakers, bowfin, carp, crappie.

Your experience on this board will help you determine who is a helpful fisher friend and who's a jackass. I think you may have uncovered a few already.Good luck with that one.

Cheers!

....Bars :D

:clapping: Good one Chris.

Do they tug hard ??? :lol:

Sorry guys, i meant which lakes?

Lake Ontario :w00t:

Ditto. Lake Ontario is number one on my list. Georgian Bay has to be second, followed by Simcoe & the Kawarthas.

My fav's are the Westerly Kawartha's, but I would love to spend some more time on the Moon and French River Basin's.

It's a valid question, but can be interpreted in different fashion. This is a fishing forum and not a ballroom dance floor, be prepared to get ribbed once in a while. It's all good.

Welcome to the sport, best of luck.

reefrunner