Out of walleye now.

Roy

Last night I had the last of my walleye. I tried the bacon wrapped method for a change. Quite decent...added a coupla filet mignons with it and it was poifect. Now I'm allowed to keep a fish or two when I get out there.

DSC01098.jpg

I spose that this weekend will be the last time I waltz with the 2 stroke so I'll try to give it a good send off. Fish are at 28-29 FOW here now and biting lightly.

Be well.

I spose that this weekend will be the last time I waltz with the 2 stroke so I'll try to give it a good send off.

Supper looks awesome Roy, but what's this about the trusty old Mariner ??

Is there sumthin new in the works ?? :dunno:

Last night I had the last of my walleye. I tried the bacon wrapped method for a change. Quite decent...added a coupla filet mignons with it and it was poifect. Now I'm allowed to keep a fish or two when I get out there.

DSC01098.jpg

I spose that this weekend will be the last time I waltz with the 2 stroke so I'll try to give it a good send off. Fish are at 28-29 FOW here now and biting lightly.

Be well.

You hungry or havin' a party going down? Someone buying you a new motor?

Thanks Lew, yeah, I bought a 60hp four stroke on Friday night. They will install it on Tuesday next. And. on your advice, got a Minn-Kota Edge bowmount. I got the 70lb 24 volt model.

Thanks Lew, yeah, I bought a 60hp four stroke on Friday night. They will install it on Tuesday next. And. on your advice, got a Minn-Kota Edge bowmount. I got the 70lb 24 volt model.

I'd pay BIG money for a video of you operating that trolling motor for the first time!!! :w00t:

... don't forget to wear your 5 point safety harness when you fire that sucker up for the first time! ;)

WTG Roy, that's alot of great news there Bud !!!!

Yer gonna be very happy with that 4 stroke and I'm pretty sure you'll like that MinnKota too :thumbsup_anim:

Very happy for ya !!

Edited by lew

If you need a fishing partner to go and try out the new toys I am only 20 minutes away.

Now that boat is going to fly.

12103IMG_0286_1_1.JPG

Didn't know you wanted to replace this electric motor.

12103IMG_0287_1_1.JPG

Oh and do you think the hat will stay on with the 60hp.

congrats Roy woo hoo double the power.

MTP

Well that seems like its an awefull waste of time driving all the way down to the States for some Walleye. Why not just hang around here and catch some pickerel hon :P

Can't wait to see the motor hon. Sounds like a good buy.

Joey

Mike and FWF, I just wrapped the walleye chunks. Lotsa folks add spices, herbs and sauces but I like the taste of walleye too much to add anything else. Even the bacon takes away from the fish.

I tired the bacon wrap method once also - but I found that the bacon didn't cook nearly as fast as the walleye - perhaps the bacon should be pre-cooked somewhat .. say 1/2 cooked ... so after wrapping the fish with it by the time the fish is cooked the bacon would be as well ? Haven,t had a chance to do it again since.