UPDATE ON MY DAD'S CONDITION

Well, as most of the members here know, my dad has a pretty bad case of skin cancer and was told he needed to head to Toronto to get treatment.

Well, after about a week we finally heard from the Hospital. He was given a surgery date of August 1st, but he was also added to the waiting list in case of a cancellation.

Well, this morning at 8:30 I received a phone call to come pick up my parents because my father received a phone call to be in Toronto in 2 hours. So I did my best to get them there before then. My father underwent about 6 hours of surgery at the Women's College Hospital.

After having about 1/8" deep x 6" diameter of skin removed from his forehead to his cheek bone....they successfully removed ALL of the cancer. The doctor said that he reviewed his file on the weekend and after about 5 minutes decided that the tumour that was growing in his skin was much too large to let grow until August.

It must have been a miracle. All of your thoughts and prayers must have been heard.

Thanks Guys,

Dave

Thanks guys...he was pretty nervous going in because it was serious enough that he didn't get a pre-op. The doctor was incredible. My dad worked at Grand River hospital for 25 years and had gotten to know most medical practitioners in the KW area. He has an opinion that all surgeons were pricks with no bedside manner....anyway this doctor was incredible. He takes 5 patients a day and operates on them all at the same time...

This "new" procedure is pretty simple....they cut...then test the tissue and the way they examine it they can tell which way the cancer is spreading...then they cut again....and test and keep going until it's completely gone. My dad was impressed with the way he worked. He even invited me into the operating room and i watched a little bit. Blood guts and gore doesn't bother me but because I had an attachment to the person on the table i had to leave....plus the smell of burnt flesh got to me lol...

They even set him up with a home care nurse who will go to his house twice a week to change his bandages.....