Good deed for the day

Hey Guys,

you'd be proud....

Since there are no CO's anywhere ever, i took it upon myself to do a lot of their work when it got really slow last night. I caught NUMEROUS people fishing the Humber before midnight last night...i took their names, ID'd them and got their fishing licence numbers and sent a rather lengthy email to the MNR.....

So hopefully there will be a few people losing a little bit of money and some equipment....i couldn't believe it..guys who look like seasoned fisherman...fly/spinning/centerpin rods and all....were out before opener....

Made me angry....

that's great

you have my permission to draw your gun and make them wet their pants

bet that would make them stop abusing our fishing regs...LOL

ok maybe not, how bout a Taser..a little zap and have them flopping in the river, that might make them think twice............

I guess taking names is the way to go

wonder where I can buy a taser....to to to incapacitate the fish...really

Edited by Terry

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

..........look out...Barney Fife is on the loose.

Dont like cops...sorry...well, most.

fNaGraphs.....I ran into a similar situation about 3 weeks back just down river from me.

Drove right by it.....

After a mile or so I turned around a went back.

I got out of the truck and approached them (5-6) and asked the same question as you did.

When they replied pretty much with the 'Anything that Bites) response I simply told them what they stood to lose if caught and that I really objected them fishing so close to my home for OOS fish.

These fellars had no idea of the regs even tho licensed..(I did ask if they had one each)

They were from the city.....lol...But, were very polite and seemed genuinely concerned with what was told them so I directed them to an area below the first lock where they could fish trout legally and even what bait was best.

Their response was one of thanks...and away they went happily.

Ignorance is no excuse but sometimes a little education goes along way.

I also happen to think that Firefighters are THEE Heroes.....and although different, Doctors too.

Edited by brickNblock

A big thumbs up to you FA!

And to brickNblock.....If those guys weren't so polite and decided to toss you in the river...who would you call?

I'm not a big fan of the police either but I'm glad to see them working for me instead of againts me. :)

As our friendly local Peace Officer said, these guys were well equipped with nice gear, not too likely that they weren't aware of the regs. They just assumed that they wouldn't be caught.

How can you not like a cop that busts poachers? I'd like a few more.

Thanks again, FnA.

Youze missed my point......

Or/probably I misstated it.

I'm all for FishingAutographs for sticking his face in where it should have been..for us and all the industry/environment.

Im against the drastic measure done.....Why not a warning first is all Im saying.

Being a cop he could easily check later to see if his words were taken seriously and then go the full route.

Ive been out on the water and seen folk trolling and casting at he same time and have driven right up to them and stated the regs. I didnt report them.....But....

I also kept my eye out for them the rest of the day to make sure they complied....

If not the call to the MNR would have been surely made...and I also let them know that.

As for being thrown into the water 'fireball'.......well, crap happens.

You only react when it happens as to what one would do...but I doubt very much Id call the police over it and I have nothing to fear from the police personally.

Kudo's to you F'atographs...from me on what you did.

I just dont agree with not giving a warning first.....UNLESS,

..these guys were outright poachers

(Not un-educated folk).everyone knows the difference between the two.

I dunno....maybe I just dont like the signature refferral about the firefighters.

I am all for the regs tho' and seeing that they are enforced..its for a reason/many.

"I dunno....maybe I just dont like the signature refferral about the firefighters."

I agree about the signature thing. I understand that it's some kind of 'friendly' rivalry thing but it seems a bit much....and one-sided.

Maybe just one jab at a time would be more appropriate instead of a list.

Im against the drastic measure done.....Why not a warning first is all Im saying.

Being a cop he could easily check later to see if his words were taken seriously and then go the full route.

If you need warning first, then what the hells the point of having regulations in the first place, why not warn drunks not to drive drunk a second time or ...get the point. :wallbash::wallbash: I back him up 110% for what he did.

I think that, considering no more action was taken beyond taking their names/info down, it had the effect of a pretty stiff warning. It's up to the MNR if they want to leave it at that, or put in a phone call with an even more official warning.

Really encouraging to see all of us outdoors people so willing and supportive of doing something when we see people ruining our sport with illegal activity. Good on all of ya, I say :)

FnA Thank you for protecting our resources!! I appreciate it as I am sure many others do!!

While I am not in service, I know they rib each other as I am friends with alot of officers.

seems some folks here dislike officers.. Not sure why really unless you are doing something against the law, or have in the past and had to deal with an officer...

G

I never realized that police had the power to do anything like that, Kudos to you! and no worry about the firefighter comments you should hear what's said at the fire hall, :P

I don't think FnA has any more ability than you or I to do anything that doesn't fall within the criminal code, highway traffic act or bylaw enforcement. The anglers would have been required to provide identification to him but not surrender a fishing license. However, it doesn't mean he can't ask for it.

Kudo's to FnA for saying something about it but I'd be more impressed if he wasn't using the uniform for influance.

-Brian

Just gained a whole new level of respect (and I had nothing but respect before) for our boys in blue. Wish there were more like you! Please keep it up and ask your brothers to do the same, our CO's need all the help they can get!

I don't think FnA has any more ability than you or I to do anything that doesn't fall within the criminal code, highway traffic act or bylaw enforcement. The anglers would have been required to provide identification to him but not surrender a fishing license. However, it doesn't mean he can't ask for it.

Kudo's to FnA for saying something about it but I'd be more impressed if he wasn't using the uniform for influance.

-Brian

Actually, all police officers in ontario are Provincial Offences Officers as well, which means any law that is covered under the provincial offences act, which includes the Ontario Fisheries Act (i think that's what it's called) is under my authority. however, we pretty much only deal with the HTA, LLA, and Trespass to Property Act

Even so, I only took offence to it because I'm into the conservation and into fishing so i know more than the average PC