Xmas And New Years Report: Sleighin' Em!

snag

FESTIVE GREETINGS!

Sorry, these reports would have made it to your homes/workplace sooner, but my internet has been down for a few weeks.

O.K. the pics:

These are from my solo journeys:

Really had to do some lure variations spot to spot due to light and water quality.

Most of the following were caught employing only 2-4 different lures.

However, on occasion, I do have a lure that I use to attract them and once I get a follow, I quickly switch up to my closer lure. This combination has been working well lately.

med_gallery_82_84_5070.jpg

gallery_82_84_75665.jpg

gallery_82_84_10709.jpg

Had a great day with a fanatic that has spilled some great wisdom, Highdrifter.

We took advantage of the last “warm” day of winter before Xmas. I almost went topless.

We have a weird chemisty. When ever we meet, Fidel catches a fish within minutes of us meeting and I always close the day with a catch.?? It works when we communicate via cellphone too?

We did a great tour that day.

Fidel on rollerblades and I was on a great garbage score mountain bike. We covered a lot of territory on the shore and on the islands. We both lost some fish and had great follows.

We even ran into DSN on the ferry. Surprise, surprise.

med_gallery_82_84_55252.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_12727.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_19865.jpg

med_gallery_82_84_52569.jpg

I was mocked for this pose. Fidel was suffering from Pikeness envy. This beauty was caught at the end of the day

gallery_82_84_29119.jpg

The holidays are definately a time to give and Recieve! This one was a big muddy water suprise.

gallery_82_84_5560.jpg

You should've expected the hat. No, it's real, not photoshopped. I have integrity in self-mockery.

gallery_82_84_44255.jpg

Well, Merry belated Xmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Snag!

P.S. Be good and be nice.

p.p.s

Today I ran into fellow OFNer, RSX, at one of my fave spots. He hooked into a real beauty that snapped his line and stole his lure right near the dock. After a good cry we lamented the absence of fellow OFNer, Lucid.

Edited by snag

Well done as usual Snagman! Looks like you finished the year with some beauties :thumbsup_anim:

So what would you say has been your biggest Pike from T.O waterfront/Islands this year? Length? Weight?

Thanks for posting the reports.

Hope you have a great New Year. B)

Great job Snag!!! I have a new found respect for you now that I've landed my first pike. After seeing those teeth on those guys, I have a new appreciation for all the ones that you manage to land!!! Hope you and your family had a great Christmas and will have a happy and healthy new year.

Also...thanks for all the laughs with your great pics and reports this past year....

wow sweet! i was just at a few of those spots today, and got nothing, not even follow, im still in awwww from ur report, btw i am disgusted in ur report j/k WTG!!!! my heart is broken, lol :(:devil::D i dont think they like me... lol, i mean what is it timing? Ive been to some of those areas like a dozen times, and got 1 to show for it, Im pike fishing depressed for now, LOL

Edited by urbanangler1990

wow sweet! i was just at a few of those spots today, and got nothing, not even follow, im still in awwww from ur report, btw i am disgusted in ur report j/k WTG!!!! my heart is broken, lol :(:devil::D i dont think they like me... lol, i mean what is it timing? Ive been to some of those areas like a dozen times, and got 1 to show for it, Im pike fishing depressed for now, LOL

Don't feel so bad. Least you got one. I was also in the same locations and even saw snag fish, and I still ended up going home with my tail between my legs. :lol: