My Year In Review (pic Heavy!)

danc

Like most years, I didn't get out as often as I would have liked to. But I did have some great experiences along the way. Early in the season and quite by accident, I found myself doing my first ever guiding trip. This came about from a "friend of a friend" deal. And what a fantastic experience it was. I had two high profile businessmen in the boat with me for a day of Trout fishing. One guy was from South Carolina and the other was from Connecticut. A friend of mine had their two right hand men in his boat at the same time. The guys in my boat went 13 for 13 catching Steelhead, Salmon and a few Lake Trout. My buddy's boat landed 11 fish. Talk about happy clients! We had a blast that day.

bbowater1.jpg

bbowater2.jpg

bbowater4.jpg

bbowater9.jpg

Fast forward to late August now. It's my prime time for Brook Trout fishing and I found some time to get out fishing. I did a 4 day trip with a good friend that produced some average Trout, and some decent Pike were accidentally hooked as well.

aug06nip9.jpg

Brookyjighead.jpg

aug06nip2.jpg

I also found this on the beach by the boat launch. That's my size 11 shoe in the photo.

aug06nip1.jpg

The highlight of my year was not a certain fish that I caught. In fact I would have called it a success if I hadn't caught one fish all year. The highlight was meeting and spending quality time with some great OFC'ers. A couple of southern Ontario city boys, Spiel and TEP, made the long trek up north to spend a few days with Sis and I. Mahumba, whom I already knew quite well but never fished with before, also joined us. I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this adventure. We caught some decent fish, including a coupe of personal bests.

Jeffspeck1.jpg

Rogspeck1.jpg

Sis and Spiel caught a few very pretty fish too.

NitaSpeck.jpg

Spielspeck1.jpg

And I was happy to share this moment with Spiel. My best Brook Trout in a few years. 23 1/2 inches.

Danspeck1.jpg

Spiel and Jef were wonderful company. And I think that they had a good time as well. The smiles say it all.

Spielsmile.jpg

Jeffsmile.jpg

I'll be seeing more of them I'm sure.

Grouse hunting was fantastic this fall too. There was more birds than I can recall for quite some time now. I still have several in the freezer for the winter.

test3.jpg

Grouse4.jpg

And I was fortunate enough to round a corner on a trail to see this guy standing there.

Hunt2.jpg

I didn't practice my photography hobby as much as I would have liked to. Here's a couple of shots that I liked though.

deerfaces.jpg

Dec1-2.jpg

Abbers.jpg

chipfog2.jpg

chipfog1.jpg

So, an early Happy New year to you all. I hope that your 2006 was at least as satisfying as mine and that your 2007 will be even better. Tight lines everyone!!

Great stuff Dan !! A few more years of OFC G2G'rs and we'll all be dressed like twins... same Faux Farm hats and Lakair Hoodies... LOL

Oh....and THANKS!!!! for making it dial up friendly. Wish more would do the same.

Edited by irishfield

Great year end summary Dan. Excellent photography, especially the telephoto shots. You have a good eye for photo composition. The brooktrout pics and the 4 legged ones are great. I remember you taking the photo of the pike head by your foot. Just think...only a few more months of difficult trolling and we'll be back there again creating more memories.

Great review Dan. I always love your photos, and hope you don't mind I've borrowed a couple from time to time. I actually had the cobweb one enlarged and it is hanging on my den wall as we speak. Whenever somone asks who took the picture, I tell them DanC :lol:

Thanks for the great read.

Joey