Had My Car Stolen From My Work Today !!!

fishindevil

Well all was going good today till 3:30pm when my day shift was over,and looked for my car keys,that wernt in their usual spot,and guess what they were not there !!! so im thinking that my co-workers are playing a joke,and a few of them try to help me find them,so i decided to walk outside to the parking lot,and low & behold,my car isnt right outside our boiler room door in the custodial parking space,so now im saying ok guys wheres my car !!!! well everyone is promising me that they didnt move it or anything,so we search around the building and yup its gone !!!!!....so up to the front office and we start to check the outdoor survalence camera,and we have it narrowed down to 12:46pm,and 12:48pm in the 2 mins it took for the camera to sweep the parking lot,it was gone !!!!!!as it takes up to 2 mins to pan back & forth !! so after calling the police & insurance company,we tried to figure it all out and it seems that a student or who knows else went in to our lunchroom,and took my keys and stole my car....with so many people at a big high school its hard to keep an eye on everybody,even the cameras in the halls didnt pick up anything out of the norm,so we just dont know,our lunchhroom door is usually locked if we are out and about,but if we are in & out for a few mins it sometimes isnt, we just dont know right now,so now its just hurry up & wait for the police to hopefully recover my car,i hope all my stuff is still in there,my GPS,my boat keys,cd"s,rod & reel in the trunk,my new trailer-jack,my fishing glasses,my back medicine,along with other items,i even had fishing lures hanging in the car !!! LOL..LOL.. a typical fishermans car for sure,flashlights,and tons of stuff....so wish me luck,and i hope to be back to normal real soon....man what a crappy st patricks day to me !!!!! so yes im a little ticked

oh ya its a burgundy 1998 pontiac grand-am se,4 door,with fishindevil decals on it,with a shimmano,decal too.if ya see it pull a citizens arrest !!!!LOL..LOL..LOL.

Yes, that bites for sure. Hope you get lucky and get everything back intact.

I do not leave my house/car/truck/shed/toys keys in my office, they are on of those small mini-carabiners you can buy from almost anywhere, clipped onto one of my belt loops of my jeans, all day, along with my work keys. I jingle and jangle walking around my workplace, our local university, but I know where they are at all times. Sometimes, if I do not have them clipped to my belt loop for whatever reason, I feel like something familiar is missing.

Maybe thats why I walk with a lean to the right all the time, :lol:

Sorry to hear Dude.I hope they get stuck with all the lures hanging in the car.Then you catch the person in the hall with all the band aids on.I hope it all works out for you Bud.Call me and let me know what happens.

Dan

That's terrible Shawn!!! I hope they catch the little snot-nose and throw the book at him!

not gonna happen here... he will plead guilty, get 40 hours community service and 2 years probation.... If that....

Shawn that just plain sucks man... I hope you get your car back in one piece.... but maybe you could also be wishing you dont get it back, and let the insurance company deal with it... Sad but true... but that is why you have insurance.

Good luck bud.

G

Sorry to hear about your loss! Hope you get it back. I remember last year or so ICEGUYD (Don) lost his trailer and it was full of fishing equipment, but never heard if he got it back. He came over to my house once, an amazing guy.

My son in-law lost his SIR in the Canadian Tire parking lot at Weston and Hwy 7 at 1 pm a few years back, which he managed and they never found a trace of it. The funny thing is they thought he was going for lunch and seen it being driven away.

But here is a good one, I worked for an ad agency that we did ads for a high-end luxury car and we could 'borrow" a car when we wanted. A good friend of mine took a car out and was having dinner with his wife at very, lets say "nice area;" after dinner he came out and the car ($125,000) was gone, all they found was the lock where he had parked it. According to the report this thing was loaded and gone before he finished dinner, apparently on one of those drive up trailer they use in movies.

It was my turn a few weeks later and I kept the one I got locked in the garage unless I was in it. I took it back in one piece.

Was that during a lunch period? Cause if not, the attendance sheets could come in handy for that period. Or who was there for period 1,2 and 3 but not the rest of the day, that sort of thing. I'm sure the VP is all over it.

Good luck.