Pics of Yesterday and the Wilcraft

Joey

We tried for Lakers and Whities yesterday on Simcoe for the final time, and guess we were just in the wrong places as none of us got a thing. Met up with Chuck and Shelley and then Ravinerat and his son joined us.

2338648511_6278a19ae5_b.jpg

2339481416_c1e72c3b34_b.jpg

Ravinerat told us Sly had his new Wilcraft on the ice at a M & G so we toured over and gave it a looksee. Enjoyed some tasty wings also. Thanks to the LSMB for offering your good food and hospitality.

So here's the Wilcraft. A cute little fishing mobile. I notice the gas tank was pretty small. You'd have to carry a gerry can around with you I think.

2339476036_64670b298a_b.jpg

2339476854_a9bf29d473_b.jpg

2338645041_08d7e88f2f_b.jpg

2339477792_9e914200d7_b.jpg

2338646121_e94c14f27a_b.jpg

2338647187_138fc85681_b.jpg

Joey

Nice pics Joey... now the question is... is it a boat with less than 10 HP = no registration/insurance required... or an ATV that needs plates/insurance?

I believe its been classed as a boat less than 10 HP. Just need a slow moving vehicle placard to drive on the road. (so I hear)

Pretty slick little rig. We'll see how it holds up out there.

The fishing was tough out there for me as well, but I left with one whitie and one laker, so I'm not complaining :)

Sinker

It was nice hooking up with you guys Joey. You sure couldn't beat just being on the lake that day. Still nursing my sun burn.

The Wilcrat is classed as a boat in Ont. right now. I'm sure they'll change that once a few more are brought in. Remember the once only snowmobile license.

RR

Good to have met up with everyone out there... and a beautiful day to boot.... I'm nursing a sunburn too.. The food that FLSMB had out there was just amazing...

No fish for any of us, but a great time...I'm glad we finally found each other Joey.... I think Chuck and I did more touring on the new skidoo than we did fishing... lol

Great report Joey! You guys got out a lot this winter and you have the great results you enjoy. Sounds like you had a fun day, and the weather looked like it cooperated for you! That's a pretty cool vehicle...something like that may get out on the ice a little more often....LOL.

If these pics appeared anywhere but a fishing forum I'd assume that it's a self-propelled porta-potty, a three holer yet. :whistling:

JF

HaHaHa! That's a great idea! $1.00 a shot................$5.00 if you want to be alone :thumbsup_anim:

Actually, it's a pretty cool looking rig.

Edited by fireball

Actually, I believe it is 11" but I doubt it would go through more than that in snow, with a flat bottom I would suspect it would get hung up unless you had the drive tracks on the back then it would probably handle just about anything.

The thing is, its pretty light. I beleive around 600lbs.

retract the wheels and slide it out and away you go.

The tracks are the way to go for lots of deep snow though, but I think even if you got it stuck, it would be easy to get unstuck.......easier than a 4 wheeler maybe.......what a nice rig for early and late season though.....when there is not much snow!!

Sinker