Practical VS Fashionable

Vanselena

Practical VS Fashionable  

45 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to fishing do you buy things based on their practically or based on how they look in your boat?

• Who cares about fashion, I'll take the fishing edge!
    • My boat is like my baby, I want to catch fish but not at the expense of my boat looking good!

An ugly girl who owns a liqueur store and can cook might be practical, but I'm betting that's not who you married.

Before I believe you guys always choose practical over fashion/beauty etc. I'd like to hear about some examples...

An ugly girl who owns a liqueur store and can cook might be practical, but I'm betting that's not who you married.

Before I believe you guys always choose practical over fashion/beauty etc. I'd like to hear about some examples...

Well...here's my boat...not the prettiest....LOL.

boat3-1.jpg

boat1-1.jpg

Notice the lovely 20 year old seats, the 70's brown carpeting...LOL. She floats, the motor works....that's all I need!

The Steelhead/centerpin guys seem to enjoy getting a shot of their reel in a bunch of photos. In fact it sometimes seems like the $500.00 reel is the focus of the photo. This always strikes me as a "look at my awesome reel" shot. My $75.00 Cabelas spinning reel catches a bunch of Steelhead too, but you'll never see it in a photo. And I've never thought that a more expensive reel would land more fish for me. So yes. I'm a believer in the fashion statement theory. It's a young person thing I think. When you get older, you also get wiser. And more thrifty.

The Steelhead/centerpin guys seem to enjoy getting a shot of their reel in a bunch of photos. In fact it sometimes seems like the $500.00 reel is the focus of the photo. This always strikes me as a "look at my awesome reel" shot. My $75.00 Cabelas spinning reel catches a bunch of Steelhead too, but you'll never see it in a photo. And I've never thought that a more expensive reel would land more fish for me. So yes. I'm a believer in the fashion statement theory. It's a young person thing I think. When you get older, you also get wiser. And more thrifty.

Here's my $39 reel....and $100 rod for steelhead....but this pic was for the fish...using the rod/reel as perspective only.

cliff1.jpg

Perfect example Cliff. How the heck did you ever manage to catch that fish without a $500.00 reel?

This one was also caught with a $39.00 Shimano reel from Walmart. By a novice fisherman using 6 lb. test to boot.

bbowater4.jpg

No doubt its practical for moi...

My Light & Medium action gear is always middle of the road, self tested stuff...meaning Brands like Shimano.

Good brands that I trust, and Poles I personally like the feel of at the store.

My Spinning reels I own are 2000 series Shimano, and a middle of the road Browing Fly rod and reel.

I own a cheaper used center pin reel, and rod(handed down to me)

And my heavy gear is a combo of BPS rods and a soon to be Pete mania reel....nothing Cheap, but definatly not high end and pretty :D

Then there's the boats...

I own 3

A heavy but stable and durable Canoe That I pretty much use exusivly flor Algonquin Park.

gallery_338_259_10061.jpg

My indestructable Punt/Drift boat I drift Shallow rocky rivers, and small hard to access lakes

gallery_338_331_44078.jpg

Motor boat...new "to me" for bigger lakes(just slapped some manual riggers on it last fall)

gallery_338_331_12866.jpg

gallery_338_331_33526.jpg

gallery_338_331_30393.jpg

They are not much to look at but they all float, and catch fish on occasion, so....

I rest my case :whistling:

Edited by Cookslav

Two things I am not is politically correct and fashion conscious. If somehing works catching fish I will buy it no matter what it looks like. Heck I'm in the boat so it will never look stylish anyway.