Afghanistan bound

daisy_girl58

And one of them is my son....To the right is a picture of my son and his son, will get details soon when he is going. All the reports say April, but I feel like it will be sooner. His wife and son will be in North Carolina......Finally, looks like Canadians will get the help they need...3200 from Carolinas are being deployed and 2200 from California are being deployed....As soon as I get more details, will update you....It is a shame that our loved ones have to fight for a senseless cause, for that country does not know peace or ever will....

Lorissa

I pray everyone of them make a safe and speedy return home.

I wish we werent sending a single one of them for a nation that knows nothing but Hate and will never know anything else. This will get me in trouble but maybe its time to send the afgans back to fight for their own country and keep ours boys home to protect our country. sorry but someone had to say it.

Edited by TOM C

God Speed to your son and his comrades.

Tom C, I wish it were so easy. Afganistan is a crazy piece of real estate, the vast majority of the people there appreciate what we have done for them, the minority however are doing everything in their power to get us to leave, they know they can't win a stand up fight so they have become experts at designing and building IEDs which is how most of our troops have been killed and wounded. They are trying to fight using a remote control.

The Canadian contingent there has seen much more fighting and casualties because our troops are actually leaving their bases and going out into the field keeping the Taliban at bay - that's why we have such a high casualty rate, unfortunately, some of the other members of NATO that have troops there don't want their kids going out into harm's way.

It burns my butt but at the same time it fills my heart with pride to know that our sons and daughters are there helping the Afgani people, most soldiers who have been there would not hesitate to return, they know they are making a difference.

2200 of the marines will arrive in March, bringing the U.S. military total to 30,000.

Germany has 3200 troops there and will add 250 soon.

2500 Canadians are serving under the Canadian flag and many more Canadians are serving as members of the U.S. military. They are among our best.

Thanks to every one of them and thanks to their families. Those brave men and women are providing our freedom.

:mellow: Ok i am choked up now and I will send these to my son....and his troops as he was just promoted to Staff Sargeant recently....His wife is taking it pretty hard right now and is trying to be tough cause she knows he must do it....But thanx a million.....

Lorissa

Were all behind our troops and wish them all a safe speedy return to there families and country. Nice to see the back up arriving from the States, you know they have the best in the world working along side them now and they deserve it.

Best of Luck to your son and all our Countries sons and daughters over there.

it really peeves me that other NATO nations are not stepping up in Afghanistan. Our leaders appear to be begging for help, or trying to embarrass member's leaders into adding support... I wonder what the future of NATO really is?

To all the troops over there doing the right thing, I thank and salute you . I hope everyone arrives home safe and sound and please do know that the vast majority of us support you and your efforts.

Thanks! :clapping:

HH