Birthday Carp Report - January 28th

Rich

Sugarpacket and I got Splenda a babysitter for my b-day and headed down for some local carp on the Mighty Lynn. To be honest with the amount of times we've pounded this spot plus the cold weather I didn't expect to catch anything but just enjoyed getting out. We made a pit stop at Timmies and were on the water by the crack of noon. I set up my high-tech carping equipment and was good to go.

DSC01042.jpg

Remember, these are spry fish, so always bury your Timmies cup rod holder deep into the snow to avoid slippage.

It wasn't long before I was into the first little guy of the day. It was a good opportunity to test out my new net, which worked great. After a short tussle this little dude was on shore.

DSC01035.jpg

Sugarpacket headed up a little further than me to try and coax one out of the current.

DSC01037.jpg

No luck up there.. lots of bites but no hookups.

A little while later I was into another one, this one was a good one. After a pretty long and drawn out fight (considering it's January) I managed to bring this carp into the net.

DSC01038.jpg

Not a bad one for this spot.

Finally, after discussing some tips with Sugarpacket she gave in and tried my approach. It wasn't long before she got into her only carp of the day.

DSC01040.jpg

A smaller one, but scrappy nonetheless. Lots of fun.

And that's the sum of all the carp action that day. Afterwards had a gourmet dinner at Arby's (LOL) and saw a movie. The Bucket List - awesome movie. How can you go wrong with Jack Nicholson though.

Thanks Sugarpacket for the awesome birthday fishin' trip looking forward to many more!

Yipes Rich...It's too cold to be jumping in the water to retrieve your rod and reel...I hope your drag is set real loose...

Especially on your birthday !!!... :oops:

Bah, I just make the wife do the dirty work.

DSC01030.jpg

:lol: