Objects Caught From Bottom

Mike the Pike

Hey folks what are some of the objects you have retreived from the bottom?

Myself I have caught a small tire,an old construction boot many piles of Zebra mussels.Fishing lines with lures in great shape.

Has anyone ever caught something valuable?

Lets here the the old weird tales .Mike :lol:

15lb anchor out of Fushimi that someone had cut off due to bottom snag I guess.

Fishing rod/line/lure that my son still uses as his personal rod from behind the "big" island on Fushimi

100+ feet of steel line this year and a few other lures/bottom weights etc.

Fishing Missinabi River by Glass falls a known portage area for canoest. Was fishing a deep hole for walleyes beside falls when I pulled in a backsack full of camping gear.Small burner, water purifier, Knife, axe, compass, raingear, fishing tackle, first aid kit, and a gps. No I.D , checked with local guide in area to see if anybody had flipped there recently. Told me it was probally from two years ago when some people from Germany tried to run the falls. Still have all the gear except the gps which was finished.

I caught two rocks within an hour. The second one was about softball sized, but flat. Felt like a fish. We have now caught five rocks from this lake (Milford Lake in Kansas) The rock is limestone with lots of holes and the hooks of crankbatis will snag in the holes. Never seen so many boated rocks.

A few years ago i caught a fishing net full of zebra mussels. It was not in bad shape.

This is my favourite one, about 5 or 6 years ago on rice lake we were still fishing. My dad looks for his basket of sunfish. Well it was at the bottom, of the lake, thank goodness that the lake was like a glass that night he put on a HUGE red devil and dragged it along the bottom and he got it back!! I will never forget that night!!

i caught a rock with a hole in it while bottom bounceing for walleyes in the ottawa river,it was a piece of shale like rock,it was real cool still have the rock just no pic,ive caught about 300ft of wire line,i snaged off bottom while lake trout fishing ,when i crewed on a charter boat we almost hit a picnic table doing full speed in a 29ft enterprise while on route to our fishing location on lake ontario,the table was foating right side up and we almost hit it dead on,it was being hidden just inches below the water line,that would have had disaterous consequences at 30mph in a 3ton salmon boat..... :dunno::blink: also snaged clams,plastic bags,rope,and a plastic construction helmut in oshawa creek while trout fishing on my noodle rod,put up a hell of a fight too.... :blink::unsure::glare: