Hardwater Walleye Action Dec 26th

mcallister.grant

Hey all,

Here are a few pics from my first hardwater outing of the season. We fished on 3.5-5 inches of GOOD ice with real nice conditions. The highlight of our day came just before 5pm when my good friend nailed a 11lber. He had never caught a walleye like that so this entire trip was dedicated to him catching one. All in all we had a great day; landing 4 eyes, 1 pike and a bunch of jumbos. We also lost a tonne of fish as most of the time they were hitting on the way down and which didn't give us much time to set the hook before they spit it. Here are the pics.

Quinte2007007.jpg

Quinte2007006.jpg

Quinte2007005.jpg

Quinte2007002.jpg

Hey Nate,

I knew that issue was going to come up. The hole was not large enough so we were forced use a gaff. I am not very comfortable killing fish of that size nor do I condone it. Funny enough, I don't even eat fish. However, given the circumstances that were presented at that moment; I did not have any other alternative. I am very sorry if you found that offensive.

Why on earth would you kill an 11 lb walleye to eat? I can go down to the store and season a nice peice of leather work boot if you'd like instead? It would probably taste very similar

Nate

Hey Grant don't ever worry about explaining yourself for keep a completly legal fish on here. No matter what you post someone will complain about it.

Great report and fish, and Thanks for posting the report.

Mike