Farewell… Time for me to say goodbye

Great report Gavin. Many thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Have a safe trip "home" and keep the reports coming. One thing that I miss is the river fishing that I did when I lived over there.

John..

I'm obviously not alone in saying I'll miss your reports. Those wonderful accounts made it easy to relive your fishing adventures vicariously. Thanks for sharing and be sure to keep us posted on your fishy frolics "over there".

JF

Well Gavin the report was awesome... yet somehow felt like a good bye...

During the time I have been here, your quest and inspiration has inspired me. I fully anticipate your ongoing contribution to OFC no matter what soil you find your feet planted on.

Once fishing gets into your blood it is there forever... so... NEXT QUEST???

Looking forward to hearing of your safe arrival and seeing all the beauty you discover on your journey.

Cheers,

Jen

wow - we truly are spoiled here in Ontario. Thank you SO MUCH for that report. My only regret 007 is that I didn't get around to going out fishing with you while I was living in TO.

I remember reading most of your reports, all while having NO IDEA you weren't Canadian! What an amazing story.

Good luck and please send us some reports from back home!

cheers,

UF

Wow what a awesome report. Although I never fished with you. I felt I missed out on something great. Hope to see you back here again soon.

And I'll be looking forward to your reports from back home. Like to see what they have to offer.

Safe trip back!!

dsn

Gavin, it's a shame we couldn't hook up for some GTA carping. There's always next year ;)

We'll surely miss your reports from the islands and the rest of the country. I'd love to see some reports from UK especially for the barbel and tench.

If you ever decide to return on vacation for some carping, I've got plenty of kit for you to use.

Safe travels

Good God, Bond! What a saga!

I really enjoyed reading about your ontarian adventures, OO7. The photography was gorgeous, and it really looks like you mastered the Toronto bass. Those are some awesome fish!

On the flip side, though there is lots of fishing to enjoy here, there are also great places to visit in Europe. You may have to travel farther to get to them, but they certainly do exist.

Good luck!

p.-

Gavin, it is to bad that we did not get a chance to meet when you were up at Pigeon Lake Resort, as it would have been great to spend some time with you and taken you out in my boat for a day when I was there. :wallbash: I would not have left so early in the day and gone fishing with you :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Maybe next time you are here we can hook up and we can go out in the boat and do some fishing.. Take care and have a safe Flight back home to Merry old England.. I was born and raised in Manchester and came here when I was 10 yrs old and have never been back :dunno: Been to busy working, but have told my wife, one of these years I will take her over there and show her where I was born

Keep in touch with us here and Pics for sure :thumbsup_anim::whistling::Gonefishing::P

Thanks everyone for all the kind words :blush: (keep em coming ;) . I'm glad you enjoyed the report.

Once I'm settled back home I will be sure to check out OFC when I can. I'm not sure how soon it will be before I will get out to do some fishing though as winter fishing is tough and from what I remember I think all fishing except maybe stocked trout lakes are closed in England between mid-March and Mid-June. I need to do some reading and get in some practice now my passion for angling has resurfaced -as I haven't fished in England for over 10 years. I'll have to get used to using 13ft float rods and 10m poles again! Come summer I will do my best to catch some fish to show you all.

Thanks for the offer of Musky fishing this weekend Brian (Slowpoke). Though it is incredibly tempting, we will be packing up most of our belongings this weekend so the chances of getting out one last time are very slim. I may keep one rod and reel accessible in case I get a spare hour or two but if I did I would have to go somewhere close in Toronto, like the Islands.

MJL - It was a pity we couldn't have hooked up as I'm sure we would have had some great fishing conversations and I would have learned a lot from you. I've caught a few tench in England and they are pretty fun to catch - hard fighting like the carp. I've never managed to fish a river with Barbel in but I believe the fight in fast flowing water is pretty exciting.

dsn - too bad we couldn't fish together last week - the Canadian weather was against us. Thanks again for all the tips and PMs. Looking forward to next year's islands carping adventures already.

Cheers

Hey Loonietoon. It was a pity we missed each other at Pigeon Lake - would have been good to go for a fish together. I enjoyed fishing that lake - lots of variety. I didn't realise you were a Mancunian - much of my family are from Manchester and I spent 3 years at University up there - nice place and people - but rains too much! LOL

Maybe some day I'll be back. I'll get more vacation time there, so what with cheap flights I might be back for a week's fishing in Ontario someday!

If there's one thing I learned from the Bond movies, it's that 007 keeps coming back.

Will be sad to see ya go 007. Always looked forward to your reports, and hopefully we will keep seeing reports from across the pond.

Have a safe trip!