BOQ G2G Report

Joey

Well after a wee nap, I think I have the energy to write our report.

Our BOQ trip this year had a few problems in it due to Merland Park, which will be mentioned on here, but other than that, what a great trip this year.

It started off with me calling Merland Thursday morning as we were packing ready to go to see if they had a coffee maker in Cabin 10 so I didn't have to pack one. I was told yes, there was a coffee maker in every cabin. I thanked her and said "See you in a couple of hours" to which she replied "Cabin 10 already has someone in it for tonight." I politely told her that I had reserved Cabin 10 for months now and that I specifically told Kevin we would be arriving Thursday afternoon, not once, but twice. She said "Well I guess he didn't write it down." :wallbash::dunno: She said she would accomodate us tho and would put us in another cabin for Thursday night, but we would have to move to Cabin 10 on Friday :glare: Better than nothing I suppose.

Anyhow, we arrived and were put in the Pickerel Palace, and yes, it was definately a palace. Don't know what the going rate for this cabin is, but it certainly was nice.

Here was our view for the afternoon.

2044832119_1912beceef_b.jpg

We unpacked and headed out for a fish but we had motor problems and it ended up being our spark plugs, which Paul had some spares so by the time we replaced them it was 4:30 or so and we fished til just after dark but no success.

Chuck, Shelley and Bassmaster Mike showed up later and we hung out in our palace.

2045625358_98ad139011_b.jpg

Mike was a good suzie homemaker and kept the coffee flowing for us in the bitterly cold winds and weather we had this weekend.

2045625696_eef3e55dfb_b.jpg

Before we went out fishing we moved to our Cabin 10 and reorganized.

Then Paul and I headed out and I removed my BOQ skunk Finally!!!

2045626780_ec780ba5a3_b.jpg

Mike showing off his Dr. Death that he bought at Carra Outdoors on the way in.

2045626364_a5364f060e_b.jpg

DouG stopped in for a visit.

2045627196_96626b1097_b.jpg

Mike hooked into his first pickerel ever. He was pretty happy and I showed him how to do Pickerel Cheeks 101.

2044835069_a20294d61c_b.jpg

We hung around the campfire nightly, which is always fun and the one thing Merland Park has that staying anywhere else wouldn't.

Dano, Terry, Corey, Bill Parker and Ted & the Gadget.

2044835787_71ab94abcb_b.jpg

I feel Pretty, oh so Pretty...... Gerritt

2045628846_14a4ab7819_b.jpg

Whatchu talkin bout Willis :lol: Percher

2044836739_9e12a64eba_b.jpg

Roy showed up Late Friday night and joined us at the campfire. Here he is with Mike the Pike.

2044837225_cd41844022_b.jpg

GCD never looked so good and kept his clothes on the whole weekend :clapping:

2045629942_e7b46fba37_b.jpg

Saturday Paul got into a nice one and we thought we had the trophy, she came in at 28.5 inches, but alas, Chuckie beat us. Congrats Chuck.

2045630302_78ec60b116_b.jpg

Saturday night was the Pot luck dinner and before we ate, I revealed a little surprise.

Dave Mercer really wanted to come to our G2G this year, but prior arrangements in his schedule wouldn't allow it, so he wanted to do something special for the OFC and arranged and sent me 40 Fact of Fishing T-shirts for us. Everyone was thrilled and we gave out proper sized shirts and then piled in together for a group photo of us wearing them. Not everyone could get in the pic as some had to man the cameras, but we did our best.

Thanks so much Dave, that was top notch for sure and you are an A-one guy in my books :thumbsup_anim:

2045633780_9ca491db89_b.jpg

The Pot luck was some of the most delectable food I've ever tasted and I personally want to thank everyone for all the effort they put into their meals. Some of the best food I've had in a long time.

I think Cliff bought a pop at the machine and then realized he coulda had a V8 in this pic :w00t:

2044840889_8751907fe9_b.jpg

I always love going over the bridge here on the highway. Looks like your going to go off the ramp to jump Snake Canyon :lol:

2045634094_e1fc191053_b.jpg

A view from the top on our way home today.

2045634392_b76128d841_b.jpg

Some sunset shots.

2045631230_e531acc3e9_b.jpg

2045632652_9bcffe96c8_b.jpg

I'm looking forward to next year already and thanks again for the great company everyone.

The problems we had with Merlands this time, including the reservation problems and boat slips being assigned and not patrolled, were definately annoying. Nothing worse than coming back at night and going to your slip to find someone else in it, especially when we had to pay $10 a night for them :angry: . Maybe if we bring some of these problems up to Merland, they will fix them for next year so we don't have to find somewhere else to go.

Cheers

Joey

What a great report! It looks like a great time was had despite the poor service from Merlands Park. I expect they may have a few cancellations due to the way things went. Google will pick up these threads and people will be able to read them.

What a great report Joey! Congrats on your breaking your BOQ skunk as well...that's one great looking walleye you got there! Nice pic you got of me....LOL....thanks a LOT for posting that one....

Always great to see you and Paul...hope to see you guys again soon!

Great stuff Joey and good to hear your weekend turned out so well !!

Your having a great month so far with a couple nice musky last week and now a good Quinte pickeral....maybe you should take up guiding for a living :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the excellent read !!

:clapping::thumbsup_anim: It was great to have met you Joey, and thanks for getting the Tee Shirts it turned our luck around on Sunday Afternoon I'll post that later when I get my Pics downloaded. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: That potluck meal was out of this world want to Thank all of you guys and Goils who supplied the food, I said I come with knife and fork, and I did and had one of the best meals ever. Thanks again