Check This Out.....Huge Musky

Basskicker

I found this on another board......Anybody hear about this guy.....Mike Lazurus?

Quoted

Thats is the greatest musky fisherman alive, thers not even a close second, you'll be lucky to ever see an other picture buy this guy on the internet. He never exposes pictures unless your in his boat, and getting in his boat is almost imposible. I was shocked to see this one on the other site.

i've only heard about him, but i've heard the same thing...he doesn't need to PIMP himself on the internet....

He has american clients who book him up years in advance....

If there is an angler who has a legend and respect among the hardcore anglers, its Lazurus.

What I know of Laz is that he has something like 12-14 main clients a year, they fish the same weeks that they book year after year, if you cant make it, theres an opening and he'll call you for that fill in, but theres a catch.....theres piles of guys in line waiting to get out with him so the odds of you getting out are very,very slim. The last I heard he was charging $600 a day, but worth every single penny, If you ever see a picture with Ed Barbosa in it holding cows and a grey/blue ranger, there with Laz almost 95% of the time. It does not matter where he fishes G-bay, the Ottawa, The Larry he puts you on fish all the time, if anybody has figurd out the musky secret its Laz. The ones who know him know what Im talking about, hes a machine, I would love to see this guy write a book.

just for an info.he has 386 musky last year....

and more then 5000musky under is belt...

some numbers.wow..but he wont brag about the numbers here.

and dont think you will fish wit him.if my source are good..no locals people only american....about local people gething is spot and so on...smart move.

suposely just the best in the world. for musky.

there is a great article on him in sentier chasse et peche...i think it was oct 2007...the nu bers are in there..386...mabe even more if my mind is playing..

girth.jpg

That's a monster.....how much do you figure it weighs? 40-50lbs maybe???

Jason

WOW...Thats a huge musky !!!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy: And if thats all true numbers,thats just incredible !!!!!! ....and you say nobody has ever heard of him before,i sure havnt...well good for him,and maybe he will get the next world -record musky.. :w00t: .thanks for sharing that about him,....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

I think this is the guy that is so good...

he collects his guiding fees, leaves his clients on the dock, fishes all day and then tells them the stories when he gets back.

HAHAHA.. you've seen that too aye Brian ! LOL

Never met him..just heard the stories.

I think this is the guy that is so good...

he collects his guiding fees, leaves his clients on the dock, fishes all day and then tells them the stories when he gets back.

I take it you have never heard of him? trust me he leaves know one on the dock, and theres no fish stories coming from Laz. The numbers are off, there much higher from what I recall, his yearly catchers are out of this world. Like the quote says "Theres not even a close second".

Paul

I take it you have never heard of him? trust me he leaves know one on the dock, and theres no fish stories coming from Laz. The numbers are off, there much higher from what I recall, his yearly catchers are out of this world. Like the quote says "Theres not even a close second".

Paul

It's an inside joke...you had to be there.

Although I have never had the pleasure of meeting Mike Laz. I have however polled every high profile muskie guide and highly experienced angler I could.

The question was ....Who is the best Muskie guide...period

And every single one answered Mike L.

I have searched high and low for info on him ...but it seems he just likes to quietly go about catching fish for clients the likes of which is shown above.

I dont know, somehow that pic just doesnt look right. Look at his hands on the fish, he doesnt even have it by the jaw and the right hand seems to hardly dent the fish where he is supporting it. I dont buy it.

Yup that is the post of the year right there LOL, you have got to be kidding me.

Paul

Yup that is the post of the year right there LOL, you have got to be kidding me.

Paul

I was skeptical about the photo too... looks like a photoshop job. I mean really, who would allow themselves to caught on film with a habs hat. The fish looks legit.

-Brian

I was lucky enough to attend a Musky Fishing Seminar by Mike. The guy really knows his stuff. I feeel very privledge because I understand he doesn't do them to much anymore. We had him speak at our KW MCI club meeting and there was guys there from the states and Quebec just to hear him talk.

I am one of those fortunate few that get to fish with "That Lazarus Man". I have been in the muskie game for over 50 years and in my opinion, he is the best muskie fisherman that has ever set foot on this planet! Don't get me wrong. There are many who are "very good" in this muskie game, but Laz is the "Dean".

The posted photo (surprised me it got out) is truly a giant 49-pounder that most would kill for. While not real common even for Laz, that is far from many of his larger ones. His stats would blow the mind of even the most seasoned of muskie hunters and I won't detail them here. I did dedicate 4 pages in Volume II of my revised 3rd Edition book "A Compendium of Muskie Angling History" to him (with his hesitant permission) that "touch's" on his accomplishments in the muskie game.

A truly amazing gentleman who hasn't left me on the dock...yet! I consider it a privilege to occupy a space in his boat. As for his choice of hats, it only accentuates his "hate" of the miserable beasts...LOL

Muskie regards,

Larry Ramsell

www.larryramsell.com