Have you named your boat? Let's hear it!

ccmtcanada

Do you Name your boat?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one....

• Oh yeah....I have a name (reply to this thread with the name and meaning)
    • Nah...that's just silly
    • Only when it breaks down..then I have some choice names for it!!!

Well, I picked up the new trailer this morning at a marina at Rice Lake this morning, drove straight to the MTO to register it and get plates. Went home to pick up bly and then high tailed it to Hamilton to pick up our boat. We met Gerritt there and he was awesome...helping to lift the boat from the old trailer to new one and setting up the bunks on the new one so that we'd have a nice safe drive home. I'd also like to thank all those who sent PM's on leads for used ones.

Anyhow, now that we have it, we figure we should name our boat. We have not picked a name as of yet, so if anyone has suggestions we'd like to hear them!

Also, I know naming boats is quite common, so if you've named your boat, let's hear it....as well as an explanation as to why you picked that name!!!

Fish Whisperer

Advertising manager by day....

Fish Whisperer in my spare time....

I called mine Simplicity, for two reasons, I use to pull it with my 4X4 named Simply Red, the other was because it was nothing too fancy, yet it served a purpose well. Like to keep things Simple.

Actually Jack (Nanook) named her the "Tin of Beans"

The first time Maribeth and I met Jack and Jackie at the Timmies in Lindsay he had a tin of beans sitting on the roof of his van so we would know which car was his... :whistling:

After he and Big Cliff tore the boat and trailer all apart and refurbished her we had to come up with a name and seeing as how she was still a dented old piece of tin can the name seemed to fit...

Nah Cliff I just call mine the big row boat with benches or sometimes the bare bones Aluminium or the big tinny.

No name yet. :canadian:

I am surprised..thought for sure the boats name was "Flipper" :whistling:

(yes, I know that I am playing with fire here and I hope not to get burned by our boat!)

"Rosie Won" is the name i put on my boat

Received a raffle ticket from my wife Rose, in a card for valentines day a number of years ago

and I/She Won :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Now if i could just win the lottery and put a new motor on it :wallbash:

Bear

....My first boat was named "Silver Miner" on account of all the deep rigging I did for chrome.

My last boat had no name but "Sinker" would have been good due to all it's leaks....lol (right Gerritt).

My new boat is still unamed on account of I've not come up with anything catchy or is that cause I can't catch anything?

....My first boat was named "Silver Miner" on account of all the deep rigging I did for chrome.

My last boat had no name but "Sinker" would have been good due to all it's leaks....lol (right Gerritt).

My new boat is still unamed on account of I've not come up with anything catchy or is that cause I can't catch anything?

LOL! I would have called it The Grime Reeler!

Gerritt.

the "SS Homer" named in memory of my dad (who we affectionately called Homer even before the Simpson's became a show). When he died mom sold his motorcycle and gave each of us kids some $$ to put towards something fun (ie not $ to repave the driveway or shingle the roof).

hi i call my boat walleyedreamer always dreaming of catching that big hog of a walleye. my record is 13.2 pounds and 31 and 1/2 inches may be this year i catch the bigger one off to Quintie on Saturday for a week. happy fishing, see you on the water, walleyedreamer

33312.jpg

Edited by walleyedreamer

when we first started trolling salmon on Lake O we didnt have much look landing fish due to too loose a drag, an old friend was in hysterics one day when we lost about 4 fish in a row ans shouted out, "talk about catch and release your Hook and Release" and thus we named the boat HookNrelease :thumbsup_anim: