Ottawa River Walleye trip !!!!!!!

fishindevil

Well myself and another OFC member cemilley,a.k.a ernie, decided for the long weekend we would head to my fav walleye spot...the ottawa river..we started at daybreak sat morning ,and the river was very low so we were off to find my honey hole..a really nice neck-down area with lots of structure and 2 deep 25ft holes in the current...and it didnt take long as were into some real nice sized walleyes,we also caught several smallies,and 1 pike,we fished all day sat and figured we nailed about 40fish,we kept several for an awesome shore lunch,and a few to take home,sunday morn back on the water at 5am...and we went right back to my spot and were into the fish again,when ernie hookes into a big channel cat,what a fight..as you can see by the pic he was a big 10lb plus.....we also went over to the quebec side and fished just above the rapids and man o man the walleyes were there too...we both got fish about 3lbs,and continued to hammer them there for a while,we hit a few more spots,caught another dozen fish and called it a weekend so we had an amazing time ate some walleyes,and caught lots of fish....so enjoy the scenery shots as the ottawa river is so amazing...almost all were caught on my homemade worm-harnesses,we did use a few cranbaitslike shad-raps,which was what the channel cat took,we couldnt believe it..as well as bottom bouncers ,and reef runners,.so enjoy. so after it all we had a great time and the fishing was almost non-stop,so i cant wait till i go againottawariversept07012.jpg

ottawariversept07013.jpg

ottawariversept07015.jpg

ottawariversept07016.jpg

ottawariversept07027.jpg

ottawariversept07026.jpg

ottawariversept07003.jpg

ottawariversept07004.jpg

ottawariversept07008.jpg

ottawariversept07036.jpg

ottawariversept07035.jpg

ottawariversept07037.jpg

ottawariversept07039.jpg

ottawariversept07046.jpg

ottawariversept07023.jpg

ottawariversept07034.jpg

ottawariversept07009.jpg

ottawariversept07018.jpg

ottawariversept07052.jpg

ottawariversept07034.jpg

ottawariversept07025.jpg

Edited by fishindevil

You've got my boat! What do you think of the tiller lund with a 40hp 4 stroke? Do you now wish you were to upgrade to a 50 or 60hp? Where'd you buy it, what time of year, at a show, any discounts on it?

I haven't bought a new boat, but I'd like either a Lund tiller(too many models to pick from), or Crestliner 1650 FishHawk tiller or Princecraft Pro1650T. I hope I can round up 15-20grand for it, in the next few years!

Shawn and Ernie....great job out there! You boated more fish in that weekend than I have in the last year...LOL. You guys sure know how to locate and catch em that's for sure.

If was good chatting with you the other day Shawn....we didn't catch anything that night...just have to keep on trying. Talk to you later!