You people are the Greatest! AGAIN!

speedtroll

Hi Folks

After Rick and others put together "a Summer to Remember" for my Son Chris and many attempts at getting out on the water, we finally were able to schedule a date with Aaron Shirley last Friday for some Bronte Salmon. There were a few dates that had been worked on but had to be resheduled due to Chris's health.

We were up at 3:30am to make the launch at 5:15. We had a great day despite the cold front and stiff north wind that had moved in over night. Aaron was as gracious (and tolerant) a host as anyone could ask for. He was bombarded with questions from the children and myself. I am quite sure that he is now having serious discussions with his better half about having his own children in the near future. LOL :whistling: And I am not going to mention the couple of times the kids and I accidently bumped the throttle and gave everyone a start. :rolleyes:

The morning started off a little slow with one solid strike and miss (way to go DAD) <_< . Very good fish. The strong wind and crazy currents made it very difficult to read the water. Then around 9:30am the moon went down and things heated up.

Chris got a 12lb steelie followed shortly by Nicole's 9-10lb steelie. Needles to say the kids were thrilled. Aaron saved my bacon as I had left the camera at home. When I get the pic's I will post them ASAP.

We then got an 8lb coho which gave a very good account of himself. Then a short time later BANG! The big one of the day hits. It is a very good salmon and Nicole (with a little help from Aaron) is on it like a pro. During the battle rod # two goes off. Now it gets very interesting as we have a 25lber and a 13lber on in very choppy conditions. With most boats, this would have been a disaster with 6 lines out but Aaron was a magician between him and I holding onto rods while the kids reeled like mad and steering the boat we managed to only get wrapped around each other once. (amazing) Both fish were landed and pictures taken and fish released. Then a very short time later, one of the wire rods goes crazy. Another very heavy fish. Likely bigger then the 25lber takes off and doesn't stop until over 425 feet of line are out. Start the long process of reeling him in. He made a run to the boat so I grabbed the rod from my daughter and reeled like a mad man. About 100 feet into the boat the line went slack. :wallbash: This is the second big fish of the day that "Dad has lost". Now I really get it from Nicole. Dad, I want Aaron to help me reel the fish in from now on, you loose too many! OUCH! LOL

About 30 minutes later, another big fish hits. Chris and Dad are on this one. By now the kids are getting very tired and they can hardly reel the fish in. It is another 20 +lb fish. What a day! Chris reels while Dad holds the rod. It was cute to watch. It also peeled off a couple of big runs. The kids were just thrilled as these are by far the biggest fish they have ever caught. Again, it was caught, quick photos and released.

By now it is early after noon and both kids are exhausted and laid down and had a little nap in the front of the boat. I should have got a picture. The wind was blowing up again so we called it a day.

All in all we were 6 for 8 with two 20 +lb fish in very tough conditions. :clapping:

Aaron, again, it was a real treat to fish with a true professional. And thank you again to everyone involved. We won't forget this.

Rob, Chris and Nicole

Rob, Chris and Nicole, I am really glad that you were able to get out on the water for a fun day of fishing with me. It was my pleasure to have you out, and I am glad everyone got into fish and had fun. I really enjoyed taking you out and seeing the smiles on your faces, it really made my day as well :thumbsup_anim:

He was bombarded with questions from the children and myself. I am quite sure that he is now having serious discussions with his better half about having his own children in the near future. LOL :whistling:

I am not having second thoughts at all.. not even close! I love kids, and your kids are great. They are naturally inquisitive, that's a good thing... besides, I am used to getting asked a lot of questions from kids, as one of my neighbours have 4 little ones that bombard me after I park my boat at times. "what does this do?" "what do you do with that?" "what is that surf board thingy?" are all familiar to me LOL :lol: Chris and Nicole are both terrific well mannered kids with a great attitude, just like their father.

It's great you could make it out after a few schedule conflicts. I am really happy that you Chris and Nicole were able to share some laughs and excitement during difficult times.

Kodak Canada is going to provide 8 x 11 prints of the photos for you. I will send them to you soon with a small package that I think you and the kids will enjoy. I e-mailed you the pics a couple of days ago, did you receive them?

You have a great family Rob, and I wish you all the very best,

Aaron Shirley

Awsome report rob very glad to here you all had so much fun out for the day. Thanks to all who helped put this together.

For all who dont know Rob is one hell of a father and his family has gone through alot over the years this was one trip well deserved and way over due.

Rob why is it you can bring a musky in on a sinker but not land a salmon? Guess you better get down here soon to show me where they are again.