2006...what Did You Buy...good Or Bad

lew

If you all would be kind enough to include addresses,

I will commence robbing you.

I can't list EVERYTHING I've bought.

It would be too much.

I would start hyperventalating.

I will say that my choices have been well thought out and gleamed from the brain drain here.

Thanks.

Not exactly fishing related, but the best thing by far that I bought this year was a small, wall mounted, propane powered on demand water heater for the cottage. I've got gravity fed water feeding into it....For hot water all you do is turn on a tap. The water flow starts a small turbine spinning in the heater which sparks a small ignito and lights the burners. The water gets heated as it flows through the unit. Unlimited hot water at up to 6 outlets at the same time within 10 seconds. To shut the thing off simply turn off the tap. Very, very cool system! (my wife is really happy that showers are HOT now! :D)

well this year we got our first brand new boat. it is a 1775 lund classic side console with a 90 merc 4 stroke.

rods- st.croix premier 7' one piece spinning rod, so far love the rod, works great for pike and smallies.

bass pro shops bionic blade 6'6" casting rod. i find the rod a little to limber but it is a great rod for tossin crank baits and spinner baits.

reels- abu gracia cardnial 502 ALB. the reel is great, the one probem i found with it is when you tightin down the reel handle, it never feels like it is on as tight as it can go. but other then that great reel (paired up with my st.croix premier)

abu garcia ambassidtor 5500. like the reel, easy casting. this one is paired up with my bionic blade.

sonar- marcum lx-3, bought it off of islander in the summer, works great and a really clear display.

and many various baits.

Bought the wife an engagement ring. Just a little diamond people called the "Hope Diamond...?"

HOPE.GIF

Then she wanted this new cottage.

0107057B.jpg

I just about blew my top when she asked for a new fishing boat too... but, anything for my baby. :thumbsup_anim:

19748439.Copenhagen_Gatesboat.jpg

2006 set us back a little, but it was worth it.

Great lists everyone. Fun topic, Lew.. thanks. Amazing how much money was dumped into the economy just on these lists!! hahaha

Here's my 'damage' - not too bad.

Techna AV Jigging stick - love it, real sensitive and lots of backbone (way more then the St.Croix LE)

St.Croix Avid MH baitcaster. Love it. This is my bottom bouncing rig for eye's at the Lodge. Paired it w/ a Shimano Castaic for 1 handed depth changes (flippin switch).

2 Shimano Stradics (rediculously good deal, had to get 2!)

Simms G3 Guide Jacket. Gortex, absolutely bullet proof.

Bolle Polarized Sunnies (via warranty)

Auger - 8" Finn Sweede bore III (haven't used it yet)

Now it's time to start loading up for the ice. Thinking of a portable hut and a flasher.

bought a yamaha apex sled thought i was going to use it for ice fishing...never happened didn't go ice fishing once :lol:

bought acouple rods st. croix avids i think scotty rod holders the usual assortment of terminal tackle and a bunch of manns and rapala baits.

noproblems to report with anything so far

This year was a killer on the fishing budget….

I became interested in chasing chrome and started with nothing, so the list is extensive and only reflects what I could receipts for the other day LOL.

11.5 FT Shakespeare Catera rod.

2 Pflueger President series 6740 Reels

8.5 FT Shakespeare Agility rod

2 Folding style camping chairs (first one didn’t have a cooler attached LOL)

Remington Cam 6 in one coat and pants for those cold rainy or snowy days.

Coleman breathable rain suit for those wet warmer days

11.5 FT Swan Noodle Rod Company Emerald Super Light Action Rod

2 Mitchell 300X Gold series reels

11.5 FT Swan Noodle Rod Company Black Super Light Action Rod

One Bushline Fishing Vest

12 spools of 330yd 6lb XT low vis green line

2 spools of 330yd 8lb Mustad low vis Ultra line

1 spool of Raven Fluorescent green line

6 packages of Gamakatsu size 12 red hooks

1 Rod holder so I could use it as a pattern for a friend to make me 5 more

1 spool of 330 yd 4lb XT low vis green line for leaders

8 Different kinds of floats

6 different sizes of egg sinkers

60 barrel swivels

8 Cleos of different sizes colours and some even glow in the dark

12 other kinds of spoons

60 Starlite Cliplight chemical lights

Size 13 Wind River -74 C felt pack boots

Size 13 Coleman Labrador Water Proof Hiking Boots

Ray o Vac Headlamp

Arctic Shield Glove System

2 Pair of Gates Thinsulate Flip Goves

Balaclava

2 Toques

2 pair of Neoprene Fishing Gloves

Next year I only plan on getting a pair of breathable waders with wading boots and a Okuma Center Pin reel

w55.jpg

This was my biggest purchase of the year, but I don't know what I would do without a bowmount electric, I use it for everything and it saved me ca$h in gas money that payed for itself in one year. It got my 17' boat going 3.5mph on full speed and lasted 7-8h straight on full speed or 3-4 days walleye fishing or casting on low speed. I even trolled for muskies with it at 3.5mph seemed more than enough I rarely go over 4mph anyway. :thumbsup_anim:

The only problem with this motor is that it beeps every time you hit a button, but I'm going to see if you can shut it off somehow.

Well lets see .... I bought a Pete Maina rod .. from you :) ... which I love ...except I like em better when I can break them in two before getting into the car ...

and a Calcutta reel ... which I realllllly love (with you at BPS)

and a Lowrance H20C ... which I reallllllllllllly love (from LB)

and a Aquavue Scout XL which I reallllllllllllllllly love (also from LB)

and a few dozen lures (off ebay)

and a couple of slopmasters (from John)

and a Cat heater (actually it was a gift from my mother in law) much like yours except mine has a coffee mug shaped base which just happens to also fit into a golf cart cup holder

and did I mention a couple dozen lures

and a replacement for my Humminbird (which I havent yet seen but its coming) (off ebay)

and a 4 man portable tent style hut (off ebay) .. which got stolen within abut a month ... soon to be replaced with something alot easier to erect and take down

and a new manual auger ... which ... while it cuts like butter is soon to be augmented with a Jiffy 30 (since everyone says how great they are)

a couple of spinning reels to replace the ones that are starting to show just a little too much wear and tear

a digital scale

a couple of 9.9'hp motors .. my favourite was one I got quite impromptu from Bigcliff whilst fishing across the lake from his dock

another Penn 209 (off ebay)... just think these are the best reels for spooling up with Leadcore and for downrigging for salmon

a new pair of polaroids (old ones were all marked up ... so they are available for newbies who come along for the ride :)

Jeesh now that I see it all written down I am embarrassed .. you would think that after over 40 years of fishin hard I wouldnt need much ... the sad thing is I have a new list of things that I NEED for this year :)

The major purchase this past summer was the new Lund 1625 Classic and all the goodies required in fitting it out. After that, a couple of "I really need 'em" rods and reels and a bucket full of new baits.

Thanks goodness the better half doesn't go into the garage or the basement. :)

I don't feel so bad now, I'm not the only tacklehound. I got a few great deals on eBay too.

Lures

30+ New Rapalas, mostly HJ and XRaps on eBay from a guy that lived a few blocks from me $100

30+ New Trolling spoons (stinger style) from a buddy in Windsor $100

37 Mostly used muskie lures off eBay + Daiwa LC Reel $91

2 or 3 lures everytime I went fishing $priceless

Rods

Shimano Convergance 6'6" M/F Spinning - $31 Canadian Tire

St. Croix Triumph Muskie 7' MH/F Casting - $99 Lambeth Rod and Tackle

Reels

Shimano Spirex 2000 (new) eBay $35

Shimano Corsair 400 (used) $20

Shimano TR200G (new) eBay $52

Shimano TR200G (used) eBay $21

Penn 209 (new) eBay $31

Shimano Curado 200DHSV (scratched display model) eBay $108

Daiwa 47LC (used) came with the 37 muskie lures on eBay all for $91

Other

Big warm snowboots - $35 Sears

Garmin GPSMap 76 - $176 Canadian Tire

Advanced Anglers Pro Series Super Magnum Tackle Bag - Cabelas $99

Terminal Tackle, flouro leaders, trays, braid, snubbers, dipsys $don't wanna know

In case someone wants to send me a Christmas present, I still need:

Boat, Sled, ATV and a bigger tow vehicle

Okuma roller rods x2 for my Penns

St. Croix Avid 6'6" MH/F casting rod for my Curado

St. Croix Premier Muskie Trolling rods x2

Winning lottery ticket (Size XXXL)

-Brian

well i bought my brand new boat :thumbsup_anim::worthy: a lund 1625 classic tiller with all the bells & whistles ,the regular stuff like 2 new dipsey rods & reels [okumas] for salmon fishing :santa: and tons of new lures, there is acually to much to list needless to say i spent alot more than what i make,so the bank tells me...lol <_< so all in all it was a great year for gettin new stuff....fallpics06012.jpgfallpics06011.jpg

Bought a Garmin 76CSx

-Love it! Use it all the time for fishing/hunting/navigating highways. Its fantastic

Scotty laketroller clamp on downrigger

-my first downrigger put a lot of lakers in my freezer, even a speckle and a steelhead. Had it on my canoe, boat, my brother's boat and a few others. Great for the small deep northern lakes back home.

A variety of spoons for the downrigger. The most effective was a red/gold Cleo. The speckle, Steel and most of the lakers were all on that Cleo

The aftermarked LED conversion kit for my miniMag

-A HUGE improvement over the standard bulb.

I'm gonna be here for a while, here goes:

Quantum Energy 760PT baitcaster

Quantum Tour Energy Baitcaster

Abu 6500 C4 baitcaster (2)

Shimano Sahara Spinning Reels (2, 1 1500, 1 2500)

St Croix Premier MH 7ft Muskie rod

Pete Maina H 7ft 6in Muskie rod

St Croix 7ft H baitcaster rod

St Croix 6ft 6in M Baitcaster rod

BPS Walleye Angler spinning rods (2, 1 6ft medium light, 1 6ft6in medium)

Tackle galore:

2 Suicks

2 Ernies

Big Bucktails

Plastics

Hooks

Assorted Rappalas

And other odds and ends.............

All told, I spent a LOT!!