2006...what Did You Buy...good Or Bad

lew

w55.jpg

This was my biggest purchase of the year, but I don't know what I would do without a bowmount electric, I use it for everything and it saved me ca$h in gas money that payed for itself in one year. It got my 17' boat going 3.5mph on full speed and lasted 7-8h straight on full speed or 3-4 days walleye fishing or casting on low speed. I even trolled for muskies with it at 3.5mph seemed more than enough I rarely go over 4mph anyway. :thumbsup_anim:

The only problem with this motor is that it beeps every time you hit a button, but I'm going to see if you can shut it off somehow.

Hey gb, what model motorguide is that one? Looks like a sweet bowmount, wireless too?

I bought me one of those as well Shad..thanks to Ron's last minute suggestion...Pic is the W55...mine is a W75 x 60" with a lot of accessories attached to it..LOL. Guess that stuff will be on my "what did ya buy in 2007" list.

This years stuff..where do I start...no issues with anything so far.

Thats just a pic of the 55lbs thrust they look the exact same, I got the 75lbs as well though. It's there newest model wireless foot control and the hand remote was $50 extra but I never use it.

Irish if you figure out a way to stop all the beeping please let me know, lol......besides that it's perfect.

I got myself a bunch of new stuff all of its good ... i think

Okuma Ultralight rod-Quantam ultralight reel---Sure pulled in lotsa big perch a couple nice bass and some little rainbows too

Okuma-VSystem-20 Awsome reel and it even has a 5 yr warranty best drag system i have used to date... On an okuma- Guide select 6'6" spinning rod very good rod which hasent failed me yet...

okuma-Nemesis Baitcaster- Brought in a few BOQ walleye with it too... nice reel

okuma- Ignite 10-spinning- Going to use it for some ice fishign this year... Put it on a frabil light ice rod...(yet to use)

4 Wt rod and reel- finially got in some fly fishign with a new half decent rod and reel-sure makes casting alto easier...

new tackle box which probably weighs like 30 lbs... had to fill it with new tackle too unfortunately :)

Besides this stuff I got a bunch more hunting stuff too, including my beretta, which i hope to use more within the next while for hunting or at least a little trap shooting...

Thats about it... I think besides the countless lures and fly tying materials (and vice) i bought... All i know is a new year is coming and I think i need more stuff cause you know mine is out of date ... lol yeah right the bank wont give me a big enough loan for the otehr stuff i want...

-13'6 bell im6 steelhead rod in the spring..( completly sucked) so i returned it.

- 13' quantum steelhead rod (still using) great rod, great warrenty, great backbone. (only if they made 15')

- Islander steelheader float reel- all i can say is this is a great reel!

- Quantum accurist levelwind- all around awesome reel...had no problems as of yet and heavily used it in the late summer.

-St.Croix avid 7' medium heavy rod 10-20lb rating- no problems yet, muscled in a few big logs too!

- Simms G3 waders..just amazing!