shiningtree 2007

Terry

well another year has come and gone...I base my years on my fishing trips to bay wolf camp shiningtree, so I have to wait another year to go again

it was a tough year for fishing conditions couldn't be worst

at times it was hard to get a bite, but when the fish turned on we did pretty well

I played with the underwater camera and it worked well turns out there are lots of old logs on all the humps we fish

I did 3 ATV trips to back lakes and that's always a blast, I did tip over the atv and broke the bracket that holds the folding boat, my buddy I had with me is over 65 and he survived the fall, so all is well and he trusted me to go on it again the next day

One morning I went down to the boat and noticed all my minnows were gone…thought maybe the door didn’t close right…yeah

Got more minnows and went fishing

Back for dinner and ready to go again pulled the minnow bucket out of the water and it felt real heavy

I started to open the lid and something was looking out at me…

I jumped like a school girl and trough the bucket back in the water. the guy with me thought I was nuts

I took the paddle and pushed the minnow buckets lid open and a mink/weasel or what ever it was jumps out and swims off..I whacked the water beside him as he was swimming away and he never came back the rest of the week but he was well fed that day

Saw some big cat tracks and wolf tracks and moose tracks but didn’t see any animals this year

But even with the wind all week the rain and the cold weather we had a good time

shingtree2007.jpg

DSCF2883.jpg

DSCF2920.jpg

DSCF2941.jpg

DSCF2935.jpg

now back to work on Monday.........................................crap

Terry, Awesome report!!! thank you sharing it with us/we... I look forward to your Shining tree report every year... and once again you did not disappoint!

Thanks again man...

Hey.. here is a suggestion... wanna go fishing?

Gerritt.

Great report Terry. Man I wish your friend had the video camera going when the mink scared you. I love it when men scream like little school girls, ha ha ha!! TJ is the best at it tho :lol:

Some nice fish caught there.

Joey

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellant report!It is absolutely gorgeous up there! Expensive but gorgeous. I may rent an apartment for a few months and stay up there one of these days. Probably be a heck of alot cheaper!