Sad, sad day....

John

We lost my Dad over the weekend. The world will be a lesser place without him.

As some of you knew, he had been battling lung cancer. Against all odds he managed to live with it for a year and a half and had a pretty good quality of life. We talked practically daily and his quick witted sense of humour continued strong until the last week or so when he deteriorated quite rapidly. As he hadn't been able to eat or talk for a few days, his passing on was a blessing.

Dad had selflessly dedicated 8 1/2 of the last 10 years of his life to taking care of my Mom who had many health problems. Eventually she passed away from complications associated with her illness. He never really got over losing her and talked often about their being together once again.

Although I will be away in the UK for the next couple of weeks I hope to still get to the Firehall tomorrow night to have a beer or two in his honour.

John....

John,

So sorry to hear this news! Our thoughts are with you and your family. Cancer is a horrible disease...and you are right, when the suffering is too much to bear, it is a blessing when they pass.

Take care,

Cliff and Carole

That's just terrible news John. My heart goes out to you and your family. Your dad sounded like a very wonderfull, selfless man. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Sorry bud.

Joey

My condolances John,

This really hits home. I lost my Dad this January to Lung Cancer.

Few words can be said, and none will make it o.k.

Cancer is the battle that should be forefront in our lives, before all else.

Mark.

Guest mistyriver1

My condolences John. I too lost my Dad to lung cancer and I know the last little while is pretty tough. He's at peace with your Mom now.

Jim