catching Muskie while walleye fishing

Terry

Friday I went to a kawartha lake to fish walleye with a friend that has been catching muskie every time we fish

we want walleye, we use little walleye baits and line and rods and reels but still they keep hitting our baits

I caught some real small muskie maybe 22 or 24 inches, it's good to see the small ones, some day they will be big

and we did alright with the walleye

but my friend seems to get lots and big muskie everytime we fish the kawarthas

here are some pictures

and if you have nothing to do for 3 minutes you can watch the video of the last couple of minutes bringing in the fish

the line was wrapped around the tail but it was hooked in the mouth

just as I tried to net it the line pulled on the tail the fish jumped the hooks caught in the net and twisted the mess, so it wasn't about to go in the net

the next time the fish tried to get free it came loose form the hooks but pushed more into the net

I grabbed the fish and got it in the boat

the camera was hanging from my neck so it's not very good....but it's there if you want to see it

DSCF2797.jpg

wayne.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="

</param> <embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Good stuff Terry, that's a beautiful musky your bud caught.

Maybe I'll start carrying some little pickeral lures in the boat for when the normal musky baits aren't doing anything productive :thumbsup_anim: