Feels like April in December.

limeyangler

27 minutes ago, Barry Willis said:

Not in my neck of the woods. This started Wednesday afternoon and didn't stop until last night. -15 this morning. Over 30 cm of snow on the lakes I want to get out on. Now all this snow is going to keep the ice from building up as quick as I would like.  Oh well, tis the season I guess. 

IMG_0947.JPG

Yeah it’s the season. I have not even had to clear snow at all so far this winter, unheard of, it rained all day yesterday and I can see my lawn again….crazy! I am now worried about our pipes freezing with no snow insulation, not a good feeling, I’m never really eager for it to snow, but it needs at least what you’re getting before the temperatures drop….and they will…. Lol.

Edited by limeyangler

Well I hope you do get some snow before it gets cold and set your mind at ease in regards to your pipes freezing. It's the best insulation there is. I just dug my carrots on Tuesday before this snow came and dug my potatoes two weeks before that which is unheard of this late in the year as the ground is usually frozen hard as concrete. This is actually our second big snow fall but I kept my garden covered with tarps so the soil didn't get saturated with moisture. I'm not very fond of the snow either especially since I can't get my snow blower to start LOL. 30, 40 years ago I loved it, couldn't get enough of it. 

Looking at the long range forecast, it's going to be a while before we can ice fish in southern Ontario. Hopefully, it's not like 2002...most Simcoe operators didn't even get their huts out that year. That was an El Nino winter, just like this one.

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 2

I under stand this is a far cry from Ontario's weather as I lived there for over twenty years (born and raised) and now live about 3000 km west and north in Calgary, I believe it was around 1984 we had a chinook wind on Christmas day and on the way to visit my wife's sister and family I had the air conditioning on in the old Dodge as it was in the mid to high 20's. On the other hand I've seen the high ways shut down the month of July in and around Calgary due to blizzards. We never know what to expect from one season to the next out here.